There are many types of headaches, each with a specific explanation of why it occurs, and many times it begins after an event or action, such as bending over or tilting the head. Many times we ignore them and other people are alarmed thinking that it is something more serious; This characteristic pain can occur after or as a consequence of many activities, but often we do not know why.
It is a normal condition that you should not worry about at all, but you should not ignore it either, that is why in the following FastlyHealarticle we will explain the headache when bending over: causes , so that you know the reasons why it appears suddenly and abruptly this pain and the possible recommendations currently existing on how to avoid it.
Table of Contents
Pressure in the head when I bend over: causes
The most common causes of a bending headache are:
- Inflammation of the paranasal sinuses : they are air-filled structures in our head that are part of the respiratory tract, and they tend to become inflamed by problems such as allergies or colds, some people being more prone than others. When a person has a problem that becomes chronic in this area, it can cause a headache when bending over. This pain is characterized by being stabbing and producing contractions in the forehead.
- Anxiety or stress : these two factors are responsible for causing a headache when bending over. The type of pain is stabbing and may be accompanied by nausea and subsequent vomiting.
- Vertigo : it is the sensation that everything revolves around you. A person with vertigo feels heavy head, there is loss of balance, also produces dizziness due to this sensation and once the head is tilted, the characteristic pain is present.
- Cough : when a person has a cough, it is very common for it to be accompanied by a pain in the back of the head, which intensifies when the person bends over, its appearance is sudden and lasts approximately 30 minutes. The headache when I cough may be another symptom of sinus inflammation, a consequence of the same disease or infection that is causing your cough.
- Tension headache : it is a very common cause of this type of pain in the head, which appears when the person bends down and stands up suddenly.
Pressure in the head when I bend over and other symptoms
Apart from pain, there are symptoms which can affect a person’s daily activities. In addition to the pressure on the head when you bend over, there are a number of symptoms that can appear alongside this pain:
- Dizziness : they appear when getting up, once the body is upright.
- Nausea : appears after getting up, they are related to dizziness.
- Blurred vision: vision becomes very weak as a result of this pain, it can be during or after getting up but vision recovers quickly.
- Fainting : it is another possible symptom, no less common, in fact it is very common for the person to feel faint and weak in general when he has this pain and bends over.
Recommendations to avoid headache
In case the pain is due to inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, it is recommended to attend the specialist doctor, who is the otolaryngologist. Beyond this, to avoid the headache when bending over, it is recommended to carry out the following actions:
- Sleep at least 8 hours : it must be continuous, because once the body has rested enough it will be healthier.
- Bend down properly : that is, do not bend over suddenly and suddenly, you must bend your knees well and not only bend your back or lumbar region.
- Exercises : avoid bending headaches, because exercising will release any accumulated tension or stress, which is a frequent cause of bending headaches. This accompanied by a diet in fruits.
- Do not go for a long time without eating : because it will avoid the headache when bending over, a cookie or a sandwich will suffice. You should avoid overeating foods high in sodium, especially processed foods, foods that contain amines such as sausages or sausages can cause a headache when bending over, this is why you should reduce the way you eat it. Avoid fatty foods because the person feels heavy head and bending over causes pain.
- It is recommended to eat foods rich in omega 3 and 6, such as fish and nuts, and foods that contain vitamin C and B2, in addition to drinking enough water during the day.
- Practice deep breathing : it helps in the well-being of the person, it should be done in the morning before any activity.
- Close your eyes for a while when you feel that your head is spinning or you are dizzy, you should sit and stay relaxed for a few minutes until the discomfort passes.
Currently there is no specific medication for the headache when bending over, because it is a condition that appears as a consequence of another, it is only recommended to do the aforementioned as a method of preventing it.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Headache when bending over: causes , we recommend that you enter our Brain and Nerves category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.