The headache or headache is the most frequent reason for consultation in the area of medical emergency, it represents a real nuisance to the sufferer. It is a common condition and refers to this term when there is constant pressure, pricks, throbbing, or pain in the head.
All people at any time of life at any age have felt more than once a headache, either in the forehead, in the temple, in the neck area, on the left side or on the right side, especially, related to work stress.
However, many times the headache remains over time, becomes chronic and does not subside or improve with any treatment. Headache should not be taken lightly, therefore, at FastlyHealwe recommend that you go immediately to the doctor to determine the cause and the necessary treatment. Below we explain what are all the possible causes of headache on the right side.
Causes of headache on the right side
The causes of headache on the right side can be varied, however, most of the time it is related to lifestyle habits such as:
- Stress : pressure at work or at home is the most common cause of headache.
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Inadequate diet: prolonged fasting causes a headache since it causes an imbalance in metabolism. Ideally, eat at least 5 times a day in regular portions alternated with fruits. On the other hand, there are foods that cause headaches (chocolate, cheeses, vinegars, sardines, sausages or raw meats).
- Medicinal side effects: especially the drugs that treat headaches have the adverse effect of acting without improving the headache or prolonging it.
Other major causes that may be behind the right-sided stitches and headache are:
- Vision problems: it is common to have difficulty seeing near or far, hyperopia and myopia respectively, and have a headache on the right side. This is due to the effort that the eye makes to focus properly.
- Consumption of alcohol or tobacco: this happens when consuming them in excess and, in addition, when it has become a habit and is not consumed, it also generates a headache.
- Infections and allergies: especially sinus infections and allergies resulting from inflammatory processes that generate a severe headache on the right side.
- Trigeminal neuralgia : chronic condition characterized by severe headache. It is a nervous disorder that generates stitches in the right side of the head.
- Trauma or blow to the right side of the skull.
- Brain aneurysms : weak area in the wall of a cerebral blood vessel.
- Brain tumors: whose symptoms vary according to the location of the tumor and usually manifest initially with a headache.
In addition to the common causes, there are factors that trigger severe headaches, such as:
- Excessive noise: that exaggeratedly stimulates the nervous system.
- Sue No: a bad habit of rest not only in time but also in quality.
- Dehydration: you should drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day and this consumption should increase in case of physical activities or changes in temperature. If not, it is a trigger for the headache.
- Sitting posture: sitting on the coccyx or not sitting with the spine erect can cause tension to build up in the trapezius muscle (neck and back muscle) causing headaches.
- Obesity: if you are overweight, it is normal for you to be prone to migraines.
- Excess light: especially bright light is a common trigger for headaches, and is also associated with the brightness of computers or electronic devices.
Classification of headache on the right side and accompanying symptoms
The severity of the headache will depend on how the pain is experienced if it is migraine type, in clusters or in tension:
- Migraine : generally, it is a headache that throbs and affects only one side, frequently and in the company of nausea, vomiting and neck pain. The pain intensifies with activity.
- In clusters: it is usually more painful than migraine and appears 2 or 3 times a day.
- Tension : the most common headache, it is oppressive and can extend to the neck and shoulder.
In addition, headaches can be accompanied by worrisome and alarming symptoms such as:
- Dizziness, nausea, and vomiting
- Asthenia or weakness
- Decay and disorientation
- Sight loss
- Blurred or double vision
- Stiff neck
- Pain that increases with movement
Quick ways to relieve headache
As a first option, you should try to relieve the headache with therapeutic measures that can be performed at home:
- Take a hot shower or bath.
- Improve posture to relieve tension in the muscles of the head, neck, and shoulders.
- Resting for a short period of time improves a headache from fatigue or stress.
- Increase the amount of water you drink per day.
- Analgesics such as paracetamol or acetaminophen under the indication and supervision of a doctor.
Home remedies for headaches
- Orange juice: it is advisable to ingest natural citrus juices if the causes of the headache are infectious or allergic processes.
- Olive oil: taking 1 tablespoon of this oil can be of great relief due to its high analgesic properties.
- Chamomile: add 50 grams of chamomile in 1 liter of water, boil and let it rest. Chamomile improves with symptoms due to its calming and relaxing properties.
- Watercress juice: especially if it is prepared with carrots and celery and eaten throughout the day, it improves the headache.
- Valerian: prepared in tea is a completely effective home remedy for headaches due to its relaxing and antidepressant effects.
- Apples: consuming the whole fruit or prepared in juice is effective to combat headaches and migraines.
- Cinnamon: placed in a paste on the right side of the head for massage can effectively improve headache.
You can see more treatments like these by consulting the article Home remedies for headaches .
It should be taken into account that headaches can change the pain pattern, it can also increase when coughing or moving, even worsen in such a way that the performance of daily activities is impeded. Ideally, once a headache occurs, a doctor will be consulted who will appropriately evaluate all associated symptoms and indicate the appropriate treatment.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Headache on the right side: causes , we recommend that you enter our Brain and nerves category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.