It is widespread among women to suffer from vaginal infections during their childbearing years, which is why this is a frequent reason for consultation with the gynecologist. At the same time, the treatment most indicated by specialists, depending on the type of infection, is vaginal ovules. Its application generates certain doubts in those who have to use them, from how to put them on, how long to use them, to whether they affect menstruation. Ideally, it is the gynecologist who, after a review, indicates the appropriate treatment for the symptoms you present. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will answer the last question: “do vaginal ovules affect menstruation?” and explain in detail how they work and how to use them correctly.
Table of Contents
Do the eggs delay or advance the period?
The application of vaginal ovules does not cause any delay or advancement of the rule, and they do not have any influence on the menstrual cycle. It is caused by a vaginal infection known as a vaginal yeast infection if this happens.
The fungus known as Candida Albicans can cause a hormonal imbalance by affecting the hormones that control the menstrual cycle, such as progesterone and estrogens. If the infection is severe, it can seriously affect the menstrual cycle.
In this way, it is clear that the treatment with vaginal ovules does not affect the rule. If you suffer any alteration in your menstrual cycle, you should go to the gynecologist. He will clarify any questions you have in this regard.
How vaginal ovules work
The eggs are placed vaginally through the fingers or an applicator. They are made from solid vegetable oil and have an oval shape that conforms to the silhouette of the vagina. Once inside it, the active principle is released by the effect of body temperature, fulfilling its function of fighting the infectious process.
Some recommendations to keep in mind when using vaginal ovules are:
- The ovum must be placed as deep as possible inside the vagina. In this way, its action in the vaginal area will be guaranteed. The results obtained are much faster since they act directly on the affected area without waiting to be digested in other organs.
- Vaginal eggs should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Its expiration date must be checked. In this way, the effectiveness of the treatment will be guaranteed.
- It is advisable to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages during treatment.
- The underwear to be used should be cotton and comfortable until the vaginal problem has been resolved. With this, the air will circulate better.
- It is important to avoid sexual intercourse during treatment with vaginal ovules until the infectious process has healed or 48 hours after treatment has finished.
How many days should I use the vaginal ovules?
The use of vaginal ovules depends on the condition for which they were indicated. For women, it is an efficient treatment, as it acts directly on the affected area without resorting to taking medications. In this way, the application of the therapy now is guaranteed, as well as the speed of the results, as long as you use them correctly.
In this sense, the gynecologist will indicate the time that you should apply the eggs according to the type of infection you present and the intensity of the symptoms:
- Fungal infections: in cases of fungal infection, the indicated treatment will be from 1 to 7 days in the nights after evaluation before and after the treatment.
- Infection by parasites or bacteria: in cases of trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis, the indication will be metronidazole-based ovules for seven days after medical evaluation.
The vaginal ovules should be used only for the time indicated by the specialist doctor according to the diagnosis made.
Can I use eggs if I am menstruating?
You must remember that the treatment with vaginal ovules should not be continued during menstruation. As long as you have vaginal bleeding, you should not apply any treatment through this route since, during that time, it can have almost zero effects.
If you must start treatment with vaginal ovules, but menstruation is close, what you should do is apply the ovules until the bleeding begins. Once the period has started, it can prevent the absorption of the active compound contained in the eggs.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Do vaginal ovules, affect menstruation? We recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.