In biology and medicine, anatomy is the science that is responsible for the study of the structure and arrangement of organs, it also allows the analysis of the structure and way in which the different parts of our body are related. For a better application this science has been divided into different types, and descriptive anatomy is one of them.
If you want to know in detail the definition of descriptive anatomy, keep reading, because in this FastlyHealarticle we explain it to you.
Descriptive anatomy concept
Also known as systematic anatomy , it is the study of the morphology and structure of the body through the systems, organs or apparatus that compose it and that are analyzed independently. In this study the systems are separated to perform the analysis of the area of interest, focusing especially on describing its forms rather than its functions.
Descriptive anatomy analyzes the organs according to the systems to which they belong, therefore the following systems can be studied:
- Nervous : in charge of collecting, processing and transferring information in our body.
- Circulatory : made up of the heart, veins, arteries and capillaries.
- Endocrine : in charge of hormonal communication in our body.
- Lymphatic : made up of capillaries, vessels and lymph nodes, as well as bone marrow, thymus and spleen.
- Immune : in charge of defending the body against foreign agents.
- Muscular : brings together the muscles of the body that allow us to move.
- Bone : groups the bones that are constituted as the structure of our body.
- Integumentary : made up of our skin, hair and nails.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Definition of descriptive anatomy , we recommend that you enter our Medical Dictionary category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.