Taking care of our body and maintaining optimal defense levels are essential to prevent and combat certain diseases. However, on multiple occasions, the defenses can be weakened, thus reducing the function of the immune system. But what causes the decrease in insecurities? And what can we do to keep them at an optimal level?
We anticipate that to keep your defenses high. You can follow a balanced diet and add an extra to your immune system with supplements such as ImmunoVita from Vitae, among other vital aspects. This supplement contains yeast beta-glucans, zinc, and vitamins D3 and B6. These nutrients will reduce tiredness and fatigue, protect cells against oxidative damage and help strengthen and function the immune system.
Next, in this FastlyHealarticle, we will tell you all about low defenses, their causes, symptoms, and what to take to raise them.
Causes of low defenses
Defenses are our main barrier against external invaders. They act by protecting our body from possible infections of viruses, bacteria, fungi, or other pathogens and fighting them if they enter our body. White blood cells or leukocytes are the critical pieces of our immune system. They must be optimal so that the protective barrier is at the maximum and thus avoid exposing our health to unnecessary risks.
The causes for which the defenses are low are varied and can be due to multiple situations:
- Chronic diseases: certain diseases of a chronic nature can cause a permanent limitation of the defenses. Among them, we find cancer, lupus, and AIDS.
- Some medications: Although they are generally our allies when it comes to fighting disease, some medicines can also weaken the immune system. Antibiotics are taken many days in a row, and immunosuppressants or corticosteroids can cause adverse effects that reduce the efficiency and effectiveness of leukocytes. In these cases, it is always advisable to inform your doctor what the symptoms are after taking these medications to assess the replacement or suspension of treatment.
- Lifestyles: our immune system is usually compromised according to our lifestyle. Situations of stress or anxiety, lack of rest, sedentary lifestyle, consumption of alcohol or other drugs, tobacco, and a poor diet can seriously compromise the state of our defenses.
- Environmental factors: temperature changes can affect the reduction of our defenses. Cold, humidity, or excessive sun exposure can cause alterations in our immune efficiency. As a whole, numerous causes can lead to a drop in defenses.
Symptoms of low defenses
Paying attention to our body, its signals, and signs is essential to know the symptoms of low defenses. Among the most recurrent symptoms are:
- Tiredness and a feeling of excessive physical and mental fatigue.
- Mild illnesses are slow to heal or are easily aggravated, such as colds and the flu.
- Recurrent infections, such as the appearance of herpes or tonsillitis.
- Frequent chills
- Tenths of recurrent fever.
- Dry eyes
- I felt nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea for more than a week.
- Abundant hair loss
- The appearance of spots on the skin.
- Frequent headache
If you feel weakness or any other sign that shows that something is not working correctly in your body, it is essential to consult a doctor to try to tackle the problem that lowers your defenses as soon as possible.
What to take to raise your defenses
To stay healthy, it is vital to boost our immunity, and, for this, it is essential to redirect our lifestyle habits. Here are some tips for raising your defenses :
- 75% of the strength of our defenses depends directly on our lifestyle, so getting adequate rest (between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a day) is vital.
- Practice moderate physical activity daily.
- Avoid stressful and anxious situations.
- Increase emotional hygiene (mood balance and laughter).
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol.
- Avoid highly processed products.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
Regarding the aspect of food, we want to emphasize its vital importance since our body thus obtains the nutrients that will help it maintain its defenses well or increase them if necessary. Here we talk about the best foods to raise your defenses and the specific vitamins that help you the most.
Foods to raise the defenses
Certain foods favor the increase of our defenses, which will allow us to strengthen the immune system in case it is in a situation of weakness. Among the foods to improve the immune system, we recommend:
- Mushrooms, such as shiitake or mushrooms.
- Cruciferous foods like broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts.
- The grenade.
- The eggs.
- Citrus fruits, such as oranges or lemons, are very rich in vitamin C.
- The chicken and vegetable broth.
- Dairy (milk, yogurt, or cheese).
- The lentils.
Vitamins to raise the defenses
The main vitamins that will help us strengthen the immune system are:
- Vitamin A.
- Vitamin B6.
- C vitamin.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E.
In addition to a good diet that includes these vitamins, nutritional supplements will help you by providing all the necessary vitamins to increase your defenses.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Low defenses: causes, symptoms, and what to take to raise them, we recommend entering our Immune system category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.