Oat milk is a perfect drink for babies because it has an excellent nutritional contribution and, unlike cow’s milk, has less fat and more calcium and minerals. For this reason, many moms want to give their children this vegetable drink with which they will enjoy healthy and robust health. At FastlyHealwe will discover how to prepare oat milk for babies by giving you a straightforward recipe to make at home and with which you can feed your little one a healthy and nutritious product.
Table of Contents
Oat milk and its properties for babies
Before discovering how to prepare oat milk for babies, we must analyze the properties that this drink can bring to our little one. Oat milk is an excellent option for feeding babies when they are finished with breast milk as it is high in nutrients such as vitamins or minerals.
This milk has 36% calcium, 8% more than that provided by cow’s milk, and twice the vitamins that milk has; It is also perfect because it has antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and give a lot of fiber.
This milk is perfect for babies with lactose intolerance since they do not have it, but it cannot be taken by celiac children, except in cases where they do not have gluten. It is also low-fat milk since it only has 2.5 grams, much less than the eight that cow’s milk provides, and it does not have any saturated or cholesterol.
In this other article, we will discover all the properties of oat milk.
Make Oat Milk for Babies – Step by Step
We will now enter the recipe that you will have to follow to prepare oat milk for babies easily at home and thus ensure that your little one can enjoy a highly nutritious drink. To do this, you must follow these steps that we indicate below; take note!
- Cover the oatmeal flakes: the first thing we have to do to be able to prepare oat milk for babies is to pour the bits of this cereal into a deep container and fill it with water; We will have to leave it to soak overnight so that the oats soften and can be used for our preparation.
- Add ingredients: after this time, you should add a pinch of salt to this container.
- Beat all the content: to prepare oat milk for babies now; you will have to beat all the ingredients at full speed for 2 or 3 minutes; If you want the flavor of the milk to be more intense, you can throw in less water so that it is less watery.
- Let it rest: as soon as the ingredients are well beaten, now we have to let it rest for 1 hour so that it acquires the desired consistency.
- Strain the oat milk: Finally, you will only have to strain the liquid to extract bits that have not dissolved correctly when shaken.
And that’s it! Now you have to keep the milk in the fridge to keep it longer.
Pros and cons of oat milk
It is important to note that this milk has some negative aspects that can cause it to be discarded, such as the one that cow’s milk, has less protein. It is also true that it has four times more protein than any other plant milk, so if your little one is vegan, it will be the best option.
Oat milk has essential minerals for the child’s body, such as manganese, potassium, iron, copper, selenium, phosphorus, zinc, and vitamin B. On the contrary, cow’s milk has much more vitamin D, although there is some enriched milk from oats.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to prepare oat milk for babies , we recommend that you enter our Pregnancy and baby health category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.