Gastritis is one of the most common damages affecting the stomach. It is an inflammation of the inner wall of the stomach that generates irritation and pain that can be intensified when taking certain foods or drinks. Gastritis can occur for a short period or live with us for a long time, which can be very annoying and make it challenging to lead an everyday life. At FastlyHealwe knows the importance of being in good health, as well as being able to treat ailments while avoiding industrial and chemical drugs as much as possible. That is why we will explain a series of home remedies for gastritis.
Table of Contents
Aspects to consider
Before we can explain the home remedies for gastritis, we must know that this inflammation of the mucous membranes of the stomach can occur in two ways:
- Aguda. In this type of gastritis, the person suffers from the symptoms for some time that does not exceed approximately two weeks. You may experience abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite, among others. It is usually caused by the ingestion of drugs that damage the mucosa that protects the stomach, medications, or a bacterium that infects the same mucosa, known as Helicobacter Pylori. It is possible that the person who suffers from acute gastritis does not have symptoms, so they are not aware that they have this condition.
- Chronicle. In this case, the inflammation is permanently present and causes progressive destruction of the mucosa. As in the previous point, some patients cannot present any symptoms, while others feel discomfort derived from nausea, vomiting, and even stools or vomiting with blood, in some cases.
It is essential to know that home remedies will help considerably reduce stomach irritability. However, in case the symptoms are present with intensity or they do not stop for a considerable period, it will be essential to see a doctor. On the other hand, gastritis should not be confused with other stomach ailments, such as heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux, which you can consult in the indicated links.
Changes in diet
The first thing you should do when suffering from gastritis is made some changes in your eating habits from today.
- Start by drinking plenty of water to stay well hydrated, and take a water bottle with you.
- Avoid consuming dairy products until improvement occurs.
- Distribute the meals in more shifts, but with less quantity. In this way, we will avoid the stomach working excessively every time we eat.
- Take acidic foods off the menu. In this article, you can consult the diet for gastritis.
- Eliminate refined foods, such as white bread, sugar, or pasta.
Home remedies for heartburn
One of the leading causes of the discomfort caused by gastritis is heartburn. Therefore, at this point, we explain some home remedies for gastritis focused on reducing acidity and, as a consequence, pain and other symptoms.
- Honey . Taking honey twice a day on an empty stomach helps to improve the symptoms of gastritis. This is due to its antibacterial properties, which could fight gastritis caused by bacteria. In addition, its consistency protects the inner wall of the stomach and prevents damage caused during the digestion of food.
- Ginger tea . Ginger has always been used to treat digestive system problems, favoring the digestion of food, taking care of the intestinal flora, and acting as a natural antibiotic, which is why it effectively fights bacteria.
- Oatmeal porridge. It is beneficial in the case of acute gastritis. Oatmeal porridge allows you to feel full eating a small amount, which will help you eat less at meals and avoid starving between meals. It also supports the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut that can help protect it. You can have oatmeal with a bit of honey for breakfast.
Home remedies to reduce irritation
At this point, we will explain home remedies for gastritis, focusing on ending the constant annoying sensation of stomach irritation.
- Licorice infusion . The root has a set of components that give it extraordinary properties. It acts as an antispasmodic, which is beneficial in the case of gastritis, regulates digestion, and is an antacid. The latter is especially important to eliminate the acid and, in turn, the irritation that derives from it. We cut a root into several pieces and boil water to take an infusion twice a day for its preparation.
- Olive oil . The oil contains saturated fats that are easily assimilated by the body; it contains oleuropein, an essential compound to keep the immune system in an optimal state. This action of strengthening the immune system allows for killing the bacteria that cause gastritis. In addition, it also helps protect free radicals, reducing the possibility of suffering from stomach ulcers. However, it should be consumed in moderation since, being a fatty oil, its repeated consumption can contribute to increased body fat.
- Potato. Potato juice is one of the best home remedies for gastritis and is beneficial for ending constipation, ulcers, and diarrhea. We can use a blender or grate to extract the juice to do this. We must peel the potato well and try to make it clean. Afterward, we can drink the juice two or three times a day.
Home remedies to reduce stomach pain
One of the most uncomfortable symptoms when suffering from gastritis is stomach pain. Therefore, among the home remedies for gastritis, we must incorporate those that allow pain relief and let us rest for a while.
- Manzanilla. Without a doubt, one of the best allies to treat stomach problems, such as gastritis. This herb has a protective function for the stomach, so it helps to have a healthy digestive system. This home remedy for gastritis contains bisabolol, a component with anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties for the digestive system. For this, we just have to prepare an infusion of chamomile.
- Cold gelatin. It is an excellent home remedy for gastritis pain and burning sensation.
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera juice acts as an antimicrobial and helps heal the intestinal lining. It has healing power and repairs mucous membranes, strengthens the immune system, and has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for gastritis , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.