The ear pain is joint in children and is related to blocking the Eustachian tube, which is responsible for draining fluid created in this organ malfunction is what causes infection and subsequent pain. However, this condition can occur in adults, but it is less likely that the pain is caused by disease; it is generally another part of the body that hurts and is reflected in the ear. If you want to treat these ailments naturally, at FastlyHealwe, we show you some home remedies for earache.
Table of Contents
Causes of earache
The causes of earache are related to different conditions, such as the following:
- Ear infections: are also known as otitis and are divided into external or media otitis. The first refers to inflammation from introducing objects into the ear or if this organ has been in contact with contaminated water. This ailment is prevalent in people who practice swimming. The second is related to the malfunction of the Eustachian tube.
- Sinusitis: the ears are connected to the paranasal sinuses, and when these become inflamed by increased mucus, it can cause pain in the ears.
- Plugging: the wax our ear produces helps prevent bacteria from entering this organ and causing an infection. When this wax accumulates, it causes clogging and causes pain.
- Oral health: problems related to tooth decay or bruxism also influence earache.
How to treat earache with home remedies?
Generally, earache can be treated with natural remedies; in case the pain persists, or it is a severe condition that generates more significant complications, it is necessary to visit a doctor. Some of the most used home remedies are:
- Olive oil is the natural remedy for treating this type of pain, thanks to its anti-inflammatory effect. Heat four drops of olive oil and let it warm; pour it into the ear and place a piece of cotton to cover the hole. It is preferable to do it before going to sleep and leave it to act overnight.
- Chop an onion, wrap it in a clean cloth, and place it over your ear. Let it act for five minutes and repeat the procedure several times daily. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of the onion will help to improve the pain caused by the infection.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic that will help clear the infection. Sauté crushed garlic with two tablespoons of sesame oil and let cool. Strain it and apply three drops to the affected ear.
- Ginger’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective home remedy for earache. Infuse a piece of ginger and add three drops into the ear. Place a cotton ball to prevent the liquid from leaking out.
- Prepare a paste with a bit of licorice and two tablespoons of butter, and bring them to the fire. Once you have the paste, place it on the outside of the ear and let it act for ten minutes. Licorice has the property of slowing down the growth of bacteria.
Remember that you should not do all these remedies simultaneously; just choose one and keep it until you notice improvement. If the pain worsens, you should go to the doctor to avoid a complication.
Some preventive measures can help prevent earaches, especially in children:
- Avoid putting objects inside the ear.
- Control allergies, as they are the cause of earache.
- Dry your ears after showering or if you practice any water sports.
- Passive smoking is a cause of ear infections in children; avoid smoking.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for earache , we recommend that you enter our Ear, Nose and Throat category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.