Thanks to all its benefits, Garlic is a food increasingly used for different health purposes. Among its most notable health-related properties is its incredible power to improve blood circulation since it has ajoene and alliin, preventing clots from forming. This is why it is very advisable to treat different disorders related to blood circulation at home, for example, hemorrhoids. However, it can also be used for hypertension and cholesterol and prevent other diseases such as myocardial infarction.
Hemorrhoids or piles are a common, troublesome, and painful condition. It is swollen veins in the lower part of the rectum or anus, which can be inconvenient, especially when defecating. Therefore, you can look for alternatives to alleviate the symptoms until you make the necessary medical consultation to calm the pathology. For this reason, at FastlyHealwe detail everything about Garlic to treat hemorrhoids naturally.
Table of Contents
Hemorrhoids: symptoms and signs
Swollen veins can develop externally, internally, internal hemorrhoids, or around the anus. Generally, those that are on the outside are the ones that cause more discomfort and pain, which increases when sitting, especially if a blood clot forms.
Among the most frequent symptoms of hemorrhoids, the following stand out:
- Anal itching
- The bright red blood can be seen in bowel movements
- One or more tender but hard bumps near the anus
- Discomfort during defecation or while sitting.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, you must go to a doctor as soon as possible to prevent the disorder from progressing, and it is more challenging to eliminate them and calm the discomfort it causes.
Causes of hemorrhoids
Piles are a widespread alteration, and it is due to pressure in the anus. This can happen in pregnant women, those who recently gave birth or those who suffer from constipation. This increased pressure in this sector of the body causes swelling of the veins and tissues in the area, which causes bleeding during bowel movements.
On the other hand, hemorrhoids can also be caused by a great effort to defecate, sitting for long periods, prolonged sitting on the toilet, or different pathologies such as liver cirrhosis.
Why is Garlic recommended for the treatment of piles?
Garlic is an essential food to keep the body healthy since it offers many benefits and very few calories, ideal for incorporating into your regular diet. While there are numerous home remedies for hemorrhoids, Garlic is the most perfect and recommended component to eliminate the symptoms of this disorder.
As piles are swollen veins, it is necessary to improve circulation to return to their normal state, and Garlic has one of its main medicinal functions to promote good circulation. This is because it is:
- Helps lower cholesterol
All because its most prominent principles are ajoene and allicin.
Consuming Garlic regularly can fight and prevent numerous circulatory disorders; However, it is also very effective for other diseases such as a cold, cough, and altitude sickness and eliminates bacteria from the body as it is considered the best natural antibiotic.
How to use Garlic to fight hemorrhoids?
There are numerous ways to use Garlic to treat hemorrhoids, and, although consuming it is ideal for improving any circulatory disorder, in these cases, it is preferable to accompany the intake with some preparation of this food to apply locally and reduce symptoms:
- One of the options is to get three cloves of Garlic, two bay leaves, and a couple of cloves. Bring half a liter of water to a boil, and when it begins to boil, add the previously crushed garlic cloves, bay leaves, and cloves. It would help if you left the whole mixture on low heat for half an hour and, in the end, let it rest for at least fifteen minutes. Finally, you have to strain all the content and, with a cotton ball, apply it by gently pressing the result on the affected area several times a day to reduce the discomfort and let the anti-inflammatory properties of Garlic take effect.
- On the other hand, you can crush a couple of garlic cloves and, as a result, place them on the area with hemorrhoids. You must make sure that the Garlic is in direct contact with the swollen veins and, even though it burns or causes some significant discomfort, you have to leave it on for at least 5 minutes to finish properly washing the area with water. However, it is essential to remember that these remedies are not a substitute for the conventional treatment indicated by a trusted doctor.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Garlic to treat hemorrhoids naturally, we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.