Although many people are ashamed to talk about this situation, many people suffer from internal hemorrhoids. The truth is that to some degree or another almost everyone suffers from hemorrhoids, however, until they are inflamed and dilated, they generally do not have symptoms.
The presence of pain in the anus, itching and rectal bleeding are the most common symptoms that people who suffer from internal hemorrhoids present, the cause that causes it is still considered of nonspecific origin, but it is related to people who suffer from constipation. Do you want to know the best medications for internal hemorrhoids ? In the following FastlyHealarticle we will explain it to you.
Internal hemorrhoids: what are they and why do they occur
The Spanish Association of Coloproctology (AECP) defines hemorrhoids or piles as a thickening of a tissue located in the anal canal , in the case of internal hemorrhoids, located specifically inside the rectum  .
The walls of the rectum and anus are normally formed by veins that once they become dilated and inflamed, they become tortuous and are called hemorrhoids, these are formed specifically at the junction of the rectum and the anus, that is, the anorectal junction.
Generally speaking, it is not a serious problem to treat if they are diagnosed and treated early. But there are different types of hemorrhoids, so before knowing the reasons why hemorrhoids occur, it is important to take into consideration that according to the American College of Gastroenterology, hemorrhoids are classified as external and internal  , external ones are those that can be seen under the skin, that is, outside the anal canal similar to a small lump, and the internal ones are the inflamed veins outside the rectum but that can protrude through the anal canal.
The main predisposing factors for the appearance of internal hemorrhoids are:
- Diarrhea : an increase in the number of daily bowel movements can cause irritation in the rectal area and predispose the person to suffer from hemorrhoids.
- Constipation : Another reason for internal hemorrhoids is the presence of hard and dry stools that squeeze the veins in the rectal canal and cause inflammation.
- Pregnancy : pregnancy is also related to the manifestation of hemorrhoids due to the pressure exerted by the fetus on the area, this is also related to the effort made by the woman during labor, triggering the appearance of hemorrhoids.
There are other factors such as:
- Anal sex.
- Bad nutrition.
- Family history of smoking.
Whatever the risk factor, hemorrhoids are caused by increased pressure on the hemorrhoidal veins.
How internal hemorrhoids manifest and how they are diagnosed
The internal hemorrhoids are usually not as painful and uncomfortable as external, however, symptoms are individualized to each patient, most of them presents:
- Bleeding : The presence of blood with each bowel movement appears bright red and can usually be seen on toilet paper or directly in the sink. Generally, this type of bleeding is not mixed with stool so it is easy to identify.
- Itching : when internal hemorrhoids prolapse, a certain amount of mucosa can be detached, generating irritation and intense itching in the perianal area.
- Pain : in general, internal hemorrhoids are painless, however when the severity of this condition increases, pain of sudden or sudden onset may be experienced.
Another of the manifestations are:
- Difficulty in hygiene in the perianal area.
- Prolapse .
- Mucous discharge.
The doctor is the one who has the ability to make the diagnosis of internal hemorrhoids, with the digital rectal examination will be enough to diagnose them. In case of doubt, the doctor will indicate an anoscopy where the rectum will be visualized by video.
Medications for internal hemorrhoids: Ultraproct
Useful for treating internal hemorrhoids, ultraproct is an analgesic drug that also relieves itching and burning. Ultraproct is available in two forms, ointment and suppositories :
- The ointment : the ideal dose is two applications a day in a small thin layer, except on the first day where 4 applications should be used, to avoid discomfort from intrarectal use, this must be done carefully with the finger.
- Suppositories : 1 suppository a day every 2 days will be enough to complete the treatment. In general, this treatment should not exceed 4 weeks with both the ointment and the suppositories.
So far there is no known drug interaction with the use of this drug.
Medications for internal hemorrhoids: Xifen
Xifen is a medicine whose active principles are:
- Aesculus hippocastanum.
- Nux vomiting.
- Collinsonia canadiensis.
- Aloe socotrina.
Xifen is a drug that is responsible for strengthening the veins in the affected area , deflating and accelerating the healing process of hemorrhoids, also preventing hemorrhoids from bleeding.
The dose will depend on the previous medical assessment and on the various predisposing factors and the clinical manifestations of the patient, however, the general idea is the dose of 2 pills a day in the main meal for a maximum of 10 days accompanied by the use of an anti-hemorrhoidal ointment.
Other medications for internal hemorrhoids
Other medications used for internal hemorrhoids are:
- Proctoacid : it is useful for both internal and external hemorrhoids, this is nothing more than an ointment that has the ability to reduce pain and the inflammatory process.
- Proctyl : this is an ointment that has the function of being an anesthetic for both internal and external hemorrhoids, reducing inflammation and burning.
Natural measures for internal hemorrhoids
To alleviate all the symptoms with which internal hemorrhoids manifest, it is important to comply with some important measures:
- Take lukewarm baths at least 2 times a day for 10 minutes.
- Oral pain relievers are helpful to eliminate or decrease pain.
In addition, on the other hand, to reduce the probability of suffering from internal hemorrhoids, it is important to maintain:
- An adequate intake of fluids a day will prevent the stools from being hard and dry.
- Avoiding prolonged sitting reduces the likelihood of internal hemorrhoids.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle and exercise frequently to maintain optimal weight.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Eat foods rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, and whole wheat bread, as well as avoid highly seasoned foods.
Do not be alarmed if you present some symptoms related to the presence of hemorrhoids, it is important to visit the doctor in time for the diagnosis and proper treatment, there are many useful medications to improve symptoms and to avoid complications after the presence of internal hemorrhoids.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Medicines for internal hemorrhoids , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.