Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, occur when the veins located in the lower rectum or in the anus become excessively dilated, thus turning into varicosities. These dilations, in addition to being annoying, can be painful.
Diet is the perfect ally to fight this problem, so you should exclude from your daily diet some foods that, due to their content or preparation, may be incompatible with the control of one of the most uncomfortable pathologies. At FastlyHealwe discover which are the prohibited foods for hemorrhoids . Attentive!
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
Some cases of mild hemorrhoids are asymptomatic, but the most common symptoms are the following:
- Bleeding : usually occurs when defecating
- Prolapse : this is a lump that appears when hemorrhoids come out from inside the anus and it is difficult to put them back in
- Secretion : which can cause skin irritation, cigarillo or burning sensation
In this other FastlyHealarticle we will discover the types, symptoms and treatments of hemorrhoids .
List of prohibited foods for hemorrhoids
In order to treat hemorrhoids, it is essential to follow a proper diet in which light foods such as vegetables, fruits and fiber predominate and avoid a series of foods that could make us worse.
Here is a list of the prohibited foods for hemorrhoids that you will have to avoid consuming if you want to treat this annoying condition:
Drinks to avoid:
- Carbonated soft drinks
Foods to avoid with hemorrhoids:
- Foods with excess salt, such as canned food, cheeses, ready meals, etc.
- Spicy foods or very spicy recipes
- Foods with excessive fat: fried, sauces, sausages, sweets, etc.
- Shellfish and crustaceans
- Non-whole carbs: all cereals or white flours should be avoided in order to treat hemorrhoids
In addition to this, it is also recommended to reduce tobacco consumption during the treatment of this condition because this habit provides us with toxins that can prevent the proper functioning of our body.
Diet and hemorrhoids: why it is important
You may be wondering why it is important to take care of your diet if you want to relieve hemorrhoids. You have to know that having a healthy diet is essential to enjoy optimal health since food provides us with the nutrients and energy necessary to function.
In addition to this, diet intercedes in digestive health directly and hemorrhoids appear due to some type of anomaly related to this part of the body, such as suffering from constipation, being overweight, sitting for a long time, etc. For this reason, eating an unhealthy diet can jeopardize our health even more.
Now we are going to offer you a list of the most common problems that may exist between a poor diet and our health:
- Constipation : this situation can occur if we eat a diet low in fiber and, therefore, it can make it more difficult to carry out bowel movements, causing hemorrhoids to appear.
- Bad digestions : eating a diet rich in fat or excessive calories can lead to our body not digesting food correctly and, therefore, we suffer from tummy aches but also constipation
- Burning : also, opting for a diet where there is a lot of spice or that is very spicy can cause us to have a greater burning sensation and an upset stomach, something that can affect the hemorrhoidal area promoting its appearance
- Harder stools : drinking little water can also make the stools that we have harder and, therefore, that it is more difficult to eliminate them from our body. Therefore, it is important to choose to increase your water consumption but also choose foods such as fruits and vegetables that also have a lot of water.
In this other article we will discover the best home remedies for hemorrhoids.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Forbidden foods for hemorrhoids , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.