Muscle fatigue is a condition that occurs when the muscles cannot exert effort as they normally did, if it is not treated in time it can trigger not only weakness, but also heart problems, decreased quality of life, respiratory problems and chronic diseases.
Many can be the causes of muscle fatigue, ranging from extreme muscle exhaustion from physical exertion to central nervous system disease. Giving energy to the muscles so that they regain their strength is vital to treat this condition, and diet is one of the best ways to achieve this goal, for this reason at FastlyHealwe have prepared this article where you will be able to know what are the foods to combat the muscle fatigue .
Causes of muscle fatigue
- Muscle fatigue can be a condition induced by physical exercise , due to the fact that the body, after an excess of effort, depletes its energy for a certain time, causing the characteristic muscle weakness that limits movements and causes acute stiffness that can occur to last several days. Fortunately when this is the cause of muscle fatigue, no treatment is needed since the body recovers with rest and as you continue exercising, as the muscles increase their resistance. If the pain is very intense, in our article home remedies for stiffness we give you some recommendations to quickly relieve them.
- Another cause of muscle fatigue is poor nutrition . When we do not offer the body the ideal amount of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, muscles weaken and lose the mass that surrounds them, compromising endurance, strength and health. That is why diet plays a fundamental role in muscle health.
- Anemia is a condition that occurs when there is a decrease in the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Red blood cells, being responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body, when they are scarce, prevent proper oxygenation in the body, which can trigger muscle fatigue.
- Hyperkalemia is a high concentration of potassium in the body. This condition can cause muscle weakness and spasms.
- Kidney disease, diabetes, and some medications can also cause muscle fatigue.
- Hypothyroidism is caused by a deficiency in the thyroid gland’s hormone production. Its symptoms include muscle fatigue, weakness, depression and constipation.
Foods to combat muscle fatigue: avocado
Avocado, also known as avocado, is one of the best natural fats that we can obtain through our diet. Among the benefits of avocado for the body, its power to reduce the amount of lactic acid in the body , a substance responsible for cramps and muscle aches after a considerable load of physical exercise, stands out.
In addition, avocado is highly recommended for those who practice sports routinely, since its healthy fat, rich in folic acid, helps reduce bad cholesterol and increase blood levels of good cholesterol, which is why it prevents diseases coronary. As if that were not enough, avocado helps to better absorb nutrients, guaranteeing muscle health.
The tomato, being an alkaline fruit, like the avocado helps reduce the concentration of lactic acid , allowing the muscle to regain lost strength after exercise more quickly and thus helping to combat muscle fatigue. In addition, the tomato, because it is composed of 90% water, allows the body to hydrate, helping the muscles not to be victims of painful cramps.
This food also offers antioxidant power thanks to its vitamin C content, which helps prevent the effect of free radicals in the body, preventing premature aging of cells and some types of cancer such as breast and colon cancer. . In addition, the daily consumption of tomato reduces the oxidative effect of diabetes, one of the main diseases that causes muscle fatigue.
Nothing as refreshing as a lemonade to combat muscle fatigue. Why? Because the alkaline effect of citrus fruits such as lemon also helps reduce the concentration of lactic acid while hydrating the body, preventing muscle cramps and reducing pain after exercise.
Lemon, in addition to being an antioxidant due to its high content of vitamin C, helps purify the blood allowing the correct oxygenation of the body and thus helping to combat muscle fatigue. Fluid retention can worsen symptoms of muscle weakness and lemon acts in the body as a natural diuretic to stimulate kidney function and help the body release toxins through urine.
If you still don’t know, lactic acid, the main cause of muscle fatigue, is produced due to a deficit in the oxygenation of the muscles . Green vegetables or vegetables are of great help to reduce the production of this substance thanks to their iron and zinc content that stimulate the production of red blood cells, responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body.
In addition, green leafy vegetables have a high content of vitamins A, B, C, and K, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium, which help healthy nutrition that promotes muscle health and combats muscle weakness. . Its daily consumption helps prevent blood diseases. Watercress or lamb’s lettuce , for example, is one of the best foods to combat muscle fatigue as it is high in iron and helps prevent anemia, one of the main causes of this condition.
Onion and garlic
If there are two foods to combat muscle fatigue that are very easy to take advantage of due to the flavor that they can print in your culinary preparations, they are garlic and onion. Although both foods are alkaline and help reduce the concentration of lactic acid in the body, garlic and onion have an additional power that is very powerful to reduce muscle fatigue: they promote good blood circulation , allowing oxygen to reach muscles, fill them with energy and reduce the feeling of weakness or fatigue that may be affecting them.
In addition, both garlic and onion help regulate blood glucose levels , allowing diabetics to control the concentration of sugar in the blood, one of the main causes of muscle wasting and loss of the mass that surrounds the muscles. . Both garlic and onion stimulate heart health because they fight bad cholesterol in the blood, promoting blood pressure.
Olive oil and pumpkin seeds
Olive oil is a jewel of nature, its properties are so many that it would be unheard of if it is not on the list of foods to combat muscle fatigue. But how can olive oil help muscles? Well, being that healthy fat that becomes the perfect dressing for green vegetable salads with a single objective: to powerfully reduce lactic acid in the body thanks to its alkaline pH and its properties to prevent any heart disease.
For its part, pumpkin seeds represent an excellent food to treat hypertension, lower cholesterol and promote circulation, which translates into adequate oxygen transport throughout the body that allows the muscles to receive optimal energy to recover , strengthen yourself and regain your ability to exert any kind of effort.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to combat muscle fatigue , we recommend that you enter our Bones, Joints and Muscles category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.