Are you thinking of increasing the size of your penis? Many alternatives are offered in the market, some with specific benefits and others not.
There are multiple non-surgical treatments and others that involve entering an operating room. Pills, vacuum pumps, and even penis enlargements are presented as magical options in the face of this problem that increasingly worries more men.
If you want to discover with certainty the possibilities for penile enlargement, you can read this article by FastlyHeal. Are you interested in knowing if cutting the frenulum increases the size of the penis? Continue reading!
Table of Contents
What is the function of the frenulum of the penis?
At the end of the penis are the glans, covered by a portion of skin called the foreskin. The frenulum of the penis is the one that directly connects the foreskin to the penis.
This frenulum is a skin formation with specific characteristics:
- It is stringy.
- It is elastic.
- It is flexible.
This allows the foreskin to be appropriately lowered to expose the entire glans.
When is a penile frenuloplasty indicated?
Sometimes the frenulum is too short and does not allow the foreskin to retract. In that case, it is said that the frenulum is short.
Frenuloplasty is a simple surgical procedure that is often performed under local anesthesia. It is indicated in the following cases:
- If the frenulum is too short and interferes with the movement of the foreskin.
- Some cases of phimosis, that is, when the foreskin does not lower properly. In the following article, we explain How to know if I have a short frenulum or phimosis.
- There is pain during sexual intercourse (a situation known as male dyspareunia ).
- When there is aesthetic disagreement due to a short frenulum.
- If there is any chance of tearing during intercourse.
- When proper hygiene of the glans cannot be performed due to the inability to retract the foreskin.
Does cutting the frenulum of the penis increase its size?
Concern about the size of the penis is common in urology and sexology clinics, but most of the time without a factual foundation.
An idealized image produced by the pornographic market and advertising promises longer penises that do not usually come close to the parameters considered medically normal. Hence the anxiety and concern about whether the penis is small or not. The penis is deemed to be standard size when:
- In a flaccid state, it measures 8 to 13 cm.
- Erect measures 13 to 18 cm.
Smaller sizes are not usually frequent. Therefore, it is likely that you will not require particular interventions to lengthen your penis.
Can the penis be lengthened without surgery?
Numerous products promise penile elongation, such as:
- Pills to enlarge the penis.
- Bomb of the void.
- Pene extenders.
They can sometimes be used in the postoperative time of some medical problems such as Peyronie’s disease or surgery to remove prostate cancer, not only for cosmetic purposes.
Some exercises performed frequently could significantly reduce lengthening after a long time of practicing them. They are called jelquing exercises.
The truth is that most of them have no natural effect on penis size. None have been scientifically proven to lengthen the male sexual organ effectively.
Surgically lengthen the penis.
Some surgical procedures performed by urology specialists aim to lengthen the penis or give a better appearance to the male sexual organ. Among the most used techniques are:
- Suspensory ligament and fundiform ligament section: These hold the penis in position. The suspensory ligament of the penis is what connects this organ to the pubis (which is a bone in the pelvis). The section of the same is a procedure in which the fixation of the penis is removed, with which part of it inside the abdomen is externalized. This surgery can achieve an extension of between 15 and 30 millimeters. It is the one that has shown the best results and can be complemented with some of the other techniques.
- Liposuction: excision of the fat located above the penis, in the supra-pubic area, can improve the appearance of the penis since the penis will not be partially hidden by excess tissue. One way to improve this without surgery is to adopt healthy lifestyle habits. Exercise and healthy eating can help you shed those extra pounds, feel good, and make your body look better.
- Scrotoplasty: The scrotum is the skin that covers the testicles. It is about removing the excess skin that some men may have in the scrotum area.
Does cutting the frenulum increase the size of the penis?
No, co RTAR the frenulum does not increase the size of the penis. As we have seen, frenuloplasty is indicated in particular cases in which the frenulum is too short, fibrous and does not allow the foreskin to retract.
Are penis enlargement surgeries satisfactory?
Scientific studies show that after surgery to lengthen the penis, patients often remain dissatisfied even when the lengthening goals have been achieved.
This is because the vast majority of the time, there is no actual size problem, but instead, there is a dysmorphic disorder of the penis or dysmorphophobia. Explained: the penis is average, but you perceive it small.
That is why the surgical techniques described above should be reserved for specific and specific cases. The work should be more about the body and personal acceptance, working on self-esteem, and exploring sexuality beyond the size of the penis.
How is the frenulum of the penis cut?
As we have previously discussed, surgery to cut the frenulum of the penis or frenuloplasty is a relatively simple surgery. It is performed by specialists in urology, although specialists can also practice it in general surgery trained for it.
It can be done under local anesthesia and sometimes with conscious sedation for those patients who need it.
Depending on the experience of the professional, the type of frenulum, or the technique used to operate, the surgery lasts an estimated time of half an hour.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Does cutting the frenulum increase the size of the penis? We recommend that you enter our category of Male reproductive system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.