The crying of a baby is ubiquitous that the little ones usually experience when they want to communicate or complain about a specific discomfort. Still, we know that sometimes it can be a bit exasperating, especially for the mother or father who does not finish understanding the message. For this reason, at FastlyHealwe, you will discover what to do when the baby cries a lot by giving you a series of tips and recommendations that will help you calm your child and make him feel much better.
Table of Contents
Essential tips for doing if your baby cries a lot
So that you can know what to do when the baby cries a lot, we will start with some essential tips that will help you control the situation:
- Peace of mind: you must stay calm because if you want to calm your baby, it cannot be that you are not. Never lose your nerves because if they see you stressed and desperate, they will get more nervous, do not forget that when they are very young, they usually imitate the attitudes of their parents, so calm is essential.
- Positive attitude: whatever the reason for crying, you have to be very careful with the attitude you show since you cannot be too complex and demanding or too soft, much less indifferent, as the little one would worsen. You have to maintain an average attitude to solve the crying so that he calms down when you see you and not that he gets scared.
- Do not go immediately: babies often cry to claim the attention of their parents, so as soon as you know how to detect that crying is why let him cry a little since it is not good to run because he will realize that you are at his beck and call and that he only has to cry for you to leave anything and focus on him.
- Talk to him to calm him down: If he cries out of anger or on a whim, you have many options besides picking him up, something that is not recommended, at least for most of the time. You can talk to him from wherever you are, sing or motivate him in any other way to relax without having him in front of you.
Other tricks to calm your baby’s crying
In addition to the above tips, which are the most basic to keep in mind, there are also other methods that you can carry out to try to calm your child. Therefore, if you are still wondering what to do when the baby cries a lot, pay attention because, below, we will offer you a list of suitable options to reassure him.
- Gentle movement: Babies love peaceful and relaxing activities, so if they didn’t stop crying, a good option would be to rock them in a rocking chair, take them for a walk, pick them up and move around, and so on. With this, you will get him to relax and calm down.
- Take him out for a walk: One of the most common ways to calm a crying baby is to change his air and take him out for a walk. The outdoors, the street, and the movement of the walk will make your little one calm down and find himself with less anxiety.
- Relaxing massage: another good option to make your child more calm and relaxed is to establish physical contact with him and, for example, giving him a relaxing massage on the body will dissipate the accumulated anxiety and tension and, therefore, stop him crying.
- Contact with parents: it may be that the baby cries a lot because he is afraid and sits alone or away from maternal contact; therefore, a good option is to pick him up and tuck him in. You will feel more protected and relaxed.
- Breastfeed or feed: finally, if you want to know what to do when the baby cries a lot, you can try to provide him since one possibility is that he is hungry or wants to feel maternal warmth.
What NOT to do when the baby cries a lot
In return, below, we will discover all that you do NOT have to do if your child does not stop crying. They are reactions that, sometimes, we can have in our lives but that, in the case of an infant, it is better to avoid as much as possible. They are as follows:
- Do not give tranquilizers: natural (tiles, infusions …) or, much less, pharmacological.
- Do not attend to him: if your baby cries, he is demanding your attention or wants to solve a situation that is disturbing him; therefore, letting him cry alone is not a good option because he will not relax or calm down.
- Make you nervous: It is counterproductive to get nervous while trying to calm your child. The best thing is that you transmit relaxation and tranquility so that he can soak up your energy.
- Do not yell at him: a baby crying is not his fault; it is his nature and deepest instincts. Therefore, do not yell at him, quarrel, or get angry with him, but just the opposite. Give him love, trust, and warmth so that he can relax.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What to do when your baby cries a lot, we recommend that you enter our Pregnancy and baby health category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.