Forget unsightly metal braces to align your teeth. In this article, we will present you a new orthodontic alternative that will allow you to carry out your treatment in a discreet way, we refer to the so-called invisible orthodontics.
Read on and discover what invisible orthodontics is, how it works and how much it costs .
What is invisible orthodontics?
Invisible orthodontics is a technique that involves the placement of transparent aligners that fit perfectly into the patient’s teeth. These aligners are made of plastic and are made using a computer program (ClinCheck® software), capable of simulating teeth in 3D format, as well as developing a treatment plan. This virtual simulation allows the specialist to monitor the movements of the teeth until the desired position is reached.
The aligners should be changed approximately every two weeks. The change can be made by the patient himself at home, as long as he follows the specialist’s instructions.
What advantages does invisible orthodontics offer you?
Did you know that invisible orthodontics can provide you with other benefits beyond aesthetics? If your answer is negative, don’t worry. Here is a list of additional benefits offered by this treatment:
- There are no risks of wounds, sores or rubbing.
- It facilitates weight loss, because having to remove the aligners every time you eat and then perform a deep cleaning it is very likely that you will no longer itch between meals.
- Quick adaptation.
- Personalized treatment. The splints are made to the exact size of the patient’s teeth thanks to the aforementioned 3D technology.
- Produces fewer adverse effects at the end of treatment. When you remove the splint you will not find cavities, gingivitis or stains on your teeth.
How does invisible orthodontics work?
The procedure to begin invisible orthodontic treatment is very simple. We present each step to you:
- Go to the review with the specialist, in this way you can assess whether the treatment is viable in your case.
- If feasible, the orthodontist will take your mouth models, using Clincheck® (3D software).
- From the impressions captured, the personalized treatment plan will be elaborated.
- The aligners are made according to the measurements obtained (they are usually available for use between two and four weeks).
- You will go to a periodic appointment to determine your evolution and set a final date for treatment.
How long does the treatment last?
The duration of this treatment is variable. Everything will depend on the evolution of the patient. However, a period of between 9 and 18 months is estimated .
It is important to note that to achieve the desired results it is essential that you wear the splint for at least 20 hours a day. They should only be removed to eat and drink.
How much does invisible orthodontics cost?
The invisible orthodontics information and prices in Spain (can range between 3000 and 5000 euros ). You should know that Social Security does not cover the cost of this treatment, so you will have to go to a private clinic and, depending on which dental center you choose, you can have a financing plan for the treatment.
In short, invisible orthodontics represents an option for those patients who value aesthetics throughout the treatment. However, we recommend that you always put yourself in the hands of orthodontic experts so that the procedure is safe and of quality.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is invisible orthodontics, how it works and how much does it cost , we recommend that you enter our Teeth and mouth category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.