Neurobion is known as a multivitamin supplement that is composed of vitamins B1 or thiamine, B6 or pyridoxine and B12 or cyanocobalamin, vitamins that are usually found in different vegetables and fruits. Consuming this supplement helps people to get the nutrients that may be difficult to get from food, but are essential to stay healthy and with the body functioning properly.
Despite being a very favorable supplement, it is best to consult a specialist before consuming it. Likewise, it is important that people pay attention to the side effects that this or any other supplement that is consumed may generate and suspend its use until a consultation with a doctor is made. If you find yourself consuming this product but feel certain discomforts and wonder, does the Neurobion raise the pressure? We advise you to continue reading the following FastlyHealarticle.
Table of Contents
What is the Neurobion for?
The mechanism of action of the Neurobion consists in intervening directly on the transmission of potentially harmful stimuli in the pain receptors so that they do not reach the tissues. Therefore, it is a great ally to treat certain symptoms associated with the nervous and muscular systems . The Neurobion is used mainly for:
- Discomfort in sciatica or low back pain.
- Neuralgia, that is, an alteration in a nerve that manifests itself with pain that feels like electric shocks.
- Neuritis that causes pain due to inflammation in the nerve endings.
- Pain caused by a condition in the spinal nerves.
- Partial or total paralysis of the face due to having a damaged nerve.
- Inflammation in the spinal or spinal nerves.
- Vitamin B1, B6 or B12 deficiency.
- Muscle, arm or general pain accompanied by fatigue.
- Prevent anemia caused by certain drugs.
- Arthritis that occurs in the spine or in different large joints.
- Damage to the nerves that some diabetics have due to this pathology.
Neurobion dosage and contraindications
The only way to know the correct dose is through a professional diagnosis , since it will depend on each person and each particular case. This medicine can be found in several presentations in which the amount of its components varies or diclofenac sodium or benzyl alcohol are added and its route of administration can be oral through tablets or intramuscular with an injectable solution.
In general, Neurobion injection treatment in adults is usually a daily application for 5 consecutive days combining both ampoules and applying it intramuscularly. On the other hand, for an adult with tablet treatment, the specialist may prescribe a maximum of 300 mg a day in case the patient does not have kidney failure.
This supplement is not recommended for children under 12 years of age. Likewise, Neurobion is strictly contraindicated in pregnant women, mainly due to its pyridoxine and cyanobalamin content, which are within the categories of risk in pregnancy of the Food and Drug Administration or FDA  , since high doses can negatively affect the proprioceptive neuronal function of the baby or cause dependence on pyridoxine.
On the other hand, during lactation , the Neurobion compounds can pass through breast milk and it is considered a risk for the baby due to pyridoxine. Its consumption is also contraindicated because it alters milk production, causes pain and breast enlargement.
Does the Neurobion raise the pressure?
Although many people believe that Neurobion raises the pressure or is not recommended to consume it if you suffer from hypertension, this is not totally correct. Those who have high blood pressure can consume Neurobion , however, it is essential not only to consult a doctor before ingesting, but also to carry out regular checks on blood pressure, since it could generate various alterations whether it is below the normal level. as if it is above. However, an adverse symptom that can rarely occur is that it causes arterial hypotension , generally associated with very high doses and the predisposition of the patient.
Despite this, it is possible that Neurobion raises blood pressure when using the presentation containing diclofenac , as it is one of the possible side effects of this compound, although these cases are not so common. Likewise, this presentation should be used with caution in people who already suffer from hypertension or some cardiovascular disease because diclofenac increases cardiovascular risk in doses above 150 mg per day and in long-term treatments. 
Neurobion: Adverse symptoms
The side effects with the highest incidence that people who consume this vitamin supplement can present are:
- Alterations in the digestive system: abdominal discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea or nausea.
- Skin disorders: feeling itchy, sweating more than normal, or hives.
- Changes in the central nervous system: fatigue, feeling lightheaded, being disoriented or insomniac.
- Urinary tract problems: blood and / or protein is present in the patient’s urine.
Less frequently than the previous ones, the Neurobion could cause other serious secondary symptoms , such as:
- Suffering hair loss, having sensitivity to light, peeling skin due to injuries, among other disorders in the epidermis.
- There is an alteration in taste, sight, memory loss, ringing in the ears, and migraine headaches.
- Kidney failure appears in the patient.
- The composition of the blood is altered, that is, the amount of platelets, leukocytes, among others.
- It begins with allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing normally.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Does the Neurobion raise the pressure? , we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.