Socialization is how people learn and internalize the norms and values that prevail in the society in which they live … That is the knowledge of the social structure that surrounds a person, allowing them to obtain the necessary capacities to develop their relationship with others fully.
This phenomenon is conditioned by social agents, which make it possible for the child to acquire social and cultural capacities, the most important being the school and the family. If you want to know everything about the importance of socialization in children, do not miss this article by FastlyHeal. We will explain everything to you!
Table of Contents
Socialization problems in children
It is good to look at expert research. Thus, for example, Freud defends socialization from the perspective of the conflict. However, Piaget relies on self-centeredness. Likewise, many specialists explain the existence of two types of socialization: primary, which speaks of the first intellectual and social capacities. On the other hand, high school where institutions teach specific skills.
When a child has trouble socializing, these are often the main reasons for his introversion:
- He is introverted by nature: each person has his character, and it is indisputable that some are born shy by nature.
- In their environment, they are all timid: which would not help the child socialize—quite the opposite.
- You have serious adjustment problems: This may be due to Asperger’s syndrome or autism. If you detect something strange in their behavior, you should go to the doctor as soon as possible.
Stages of the socialization process in children
Keep in mind that children have different ways of relating … The relationship with acquaintances, friends, classmates, or siblings is not the same as with parents, teachers, or strangers.
During the first year, the minor can maintain contact with only one partner at a time. After eighteen months, he can already deal with two simultaneously, appearing, in a way, the group of three.
The instinct of imitation plays a significant socializing role: the child who lives with other older people repeats the actions, gestures, and words he observes in them and thus starts in behaviors that will allow him to share his games and activities. In this sense, the youngest, who has slightly older siblings, spontaneously learns many things from them.
Those who do not have siblings live that experience at school and in public parks with their classmates. Little by little, the little ones acquire the notions of cooperation and independence, reciprocity and tolerance, kindness and justice. Dealing with the elderly also provides him with that opportunity and that of feeling dependence, submission, acceptance, love, and help.
Recommendations for children who do not socialize
If our child has problems socializing with other children or adults, we can try these tips that we bring you below:
- Enroll him in extracurricular activities: This can help him connect with other children his age and who like him, making it easier for him to socialize.
- Accompany him to other places with more children: he may be very ashamed or afraid to go alone, so if you go with him he can make it easier for him.
- We should be an example for them: if they see us as very outgoing and friendly with everyone, they will adopt that same position, especially if they are young since they learn by imitating.
- Travel with him: many times, traveling to other countries with other cultures can help him open up to others and not see those he does not know as something dangerous or something to fear.
However, if the case is more serious, it is best to go to a psychologist or specialist as soon as possible.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to The importance of socialization in children, we recommend that you enter our Well-being category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.