Stomach problems respond to many causes: bad eating habits (eating at irregular hours, eating large amounts of food, wrong combination of these, excess industrialized products, toxic such as alcohol, sugar, and lack of healthy foods), stress, insomnia, etc. All this contributes to gastric disorders being one of the most common causes of consulting medical centers. Still, some measures can be taken at home to help reduce inflammation of the stomach in a lasting way, including the use of medicinal plants.
In this FastlyHealarticle, we provide you with the information you need to be able to prepare teas to reduce inflammation of the stomach, which ones are the best, why and how to prepare them, as well as some tips that you can put into practice to reduce stomach inflammation and feel better.
Table of Contents
Plantain tea (plantago)
It is a plant with extraordinary healing properties. It acts excellently on inflammation at the gastric level since it is anti-inflammatory, tonic, healing, and anti-hemorrhagic. Therefore, the key to the recovery of stomach ulcers. It can be ingested in two ways:
- You should place a tablespoon of dry herb per cup in tea and drink 2 to 4 cups per day.
- As juice: crushing the leaves and letting them rest in pure water, you should drink one cup in the morning on an empty stomach and another at night before going to sleep (2 hours after dinner).
Manzanilla (anthemis Nobilis)
Chamomile is a digestive, soothing, decongestant, and antispasmodic. It is ideal for reducing stomach inflammation and treating various stomach problems.
The tisane is prepared with two tablespoons of dried flowers per cup. It should be placed in hot water (not boiled) and covered immediately to not lose its properties with steam.
This infusion should be drunk 2 or 3 cups a day away from meals or three tablespoons every hour.
If you drink more than the indicated amount, it can be vomiting.
Peppermint or spearmint tea (Mentha)
There are many different types of peppermint, all of them with healing properties when it comes to stomach ailments. And although there are medical concepts that claim that mint is harmful in case of reflux, it is instrumental if it is drunk in herbal teas and away from other foods since it is anti-inflammatory, soothing, antispasmodic, and promotes digestion.
On the other hand, it is good not only as a painkiller but also to calm the nerves, with which those who suffer from stomach problems due to stress can benefit considerably from this plant.
You can make an infusion with one teaspoon of mint per cup and drink 3 or 4 cups daily to maximize its properties.
It is one of the most effective healing fruits to treat stomach inflammation. This is so because, despite being acidic, it helps neutralize the acidity that usually causes famous gastritis.
For this, it is essential to drink the freshly squeezed lemon juice in warm water or at room temperature and without adding sugar. Like all healing infusions, it is crucial to drink it away from meals (1 hour before or 2 hours after) to contribute to its cleansing, alkalizing, and anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
Valerian (valeriana officinalis)
This is another of the best infusions for a bloated belly. To achieve its anti-inflammatory effect on the stomach, you should drink 3 cups a day for 2 or 3 days and then alternate it with one of the other herbs. It is excellent when there is colic, pain in the pit of the stomach (gastralgia), nausea, vomiting, cramps, and when the origin of the discomfort is nervous due to its best-known soothing properties.
The roots should be used (preferably fresh). 15 to 20 grams in 1 liter of water are enough.
Another way to incorporate it is by consuming it in powder: dissolved in water up to 10 grams a day.
Honey is a fundamental ally when treating stomach inflammations, as it has healing, soothing, anti-hemorrhagic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. All these qualities are known to treat skin lesions and are very useful in improving gastric and duodenal ulcers.
To achieve the desired effects and facilitate its absorption, one should prepare as an infusion: 1 tablespoon of honey in 1 cup of pure warm water, which should be drunk 1 hour before meals or 3 hours after them, since it does not need to be combined with food to get the most of its healing properties.
Lemon balm tea (Melissa Officinalis)
To obtain the best effects of this herb, it must be collected in its flowering; otherwise, it lacks its healing properties. It is indicated in multiple conditions, including stomach diseases, as it helps reduce digestive, calming, and tonic inflammation.
You can drink 2 or 3 cups a day of an infusion prepared with one teaspoon of lemon balm per cup.
Tips to reduce inflammation of the stomach
For the stomach, cure to be complete and problems do not return, and it is not enough to drink one or another infusion. You must change certain habits to help your stomach digest more efficiently without falling into inflammation. Pay attention to the following tips:
- Drink water away from meals: to start, you should avoid any drink with sugar or irritants (alcohol, coffee, flavored waters, sweeteners, sweeteners, black tea). Only drink water or natural juices without adding sugar. On the other hand, and as necessary as what you drink, is how you do it: you should drink liquids away from meals (half an hour before or 2 hours after), this is so because with water you dissolve the acid released by your stomach and, then, it must secrete more to digest. Not only will you feel more gastritis, but your abdomen will feel swollen.
- Do not smoke: cigarettes are a significant irritant to the stomach.
- Please pay attention to what you eat: the most natural is always better, raw fruits and vegetables are the key, but do not combine them with other foods such as meat or flour, making it difficult to digest them. Put aside dairy and flour directly. They are very inflammatory, not only of the stomach but of the body in general.
- Go to bed 3 hours after eating: if you eat and lie down immediately, you make digestion difficult and promote reflux. It is better to have dinner earlier, and if you are hungry later, you can have a fruit up to 1 hour before dinner.
- Exercise frequently: 30 minutes of movement a day is significant to relieve stress, improve circulation and facilitate digestion. Walking, dancing, swimming or whatever keeps you going is very important.
On the other hand, it is essential that, despite following these guidelines and trying with medicinal herbs, you do not improve, or if you have another disease. If you have doubts about whether or not you can drink the infusions to reduce stomach inflammation, you consult your doctor / a trustworthy person, who can surely help you.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Teas to reduce stomach inflammation, we recommend that you enter our Well-being category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.