Many situations in your day-to-day life can cause you anxiety: living a moment of stress, being nervous about some change in your life, going through an emotionally unstable time, etc. When it is punctual, fear can be treated in different ways to calm the nerves and regain physical and emotional well-being. Still, if your anxiety is chronic, you should speak with a doctor to determine the origin of your condition and can prescribe the best treatment to alleviate its effects.
At FastlyHealwe will give you good tricks to cure anxiety that you can easily incorporate into your day-to-day life. Thus, you will be able to reduce generalized discomfort and feel calm again during your day.
Symptoms of anxiety
But first of all, it is essential to learn to recognize anxiety symptoms to detect if what you are feeling may be anxiety or another alteration that affects your health and your nervous system. You should know that these signs can be divided according to simulation on a physical and mental level, but, in general, it produces a general discomfort in the person who suffers it.
Symptoms of anxiety on a psychic level
- Feeling of being worried about something all day and not being able to stop thinking about things no matter how hard you try.
- Insecurity is also one of the critical signs of anxiety.
- Having an incredible feeling of overwhelm is another of the typical symptoms of this situation.
- Many people want to flee, go far away to get away from that situation oppressing them.
- It is also common for the person to feel continuously alert, unable to relax or sleep peacefully.
- In this mental situation, it isn’t straightforward to be able to concentrate or memorize aspects that, in other circumstances, would not cost so much.
- Having negative thoughts about yourself and being more susceptible to others is also a clear sign that you suffer from anxiety.
Physical symptoms of anxiety
- Tachycardia or fluttering heart rate
- Sweating, hot flashes, or a feeling of heat are also familiar among patients with anxiety.
- Tremors also usually appear in people who are going through this situation.
- It is also common for them to feel a sensation of tightness in the chest, making it difficult for them to breathe calmly.
- Due to the state of nerves experienced, it is also common to feel muscle stiffness and difficulty in relaxing.
- Another frequent symptom is having digestive discomfort and experiencing alterations such as nausea, vomiting, little desire to eat, etc.
At FastlyHealwe, talk to you about generalized anxiety, indicating the causes, symptoms, and most effective treatment to overcome this situation.
Auriculotherapy for anxiety
One of the tricks for anxiety is to use an alternative therapy inspired by acupuncture, which is known by the name of auriculotherapy. This technique derives from traditional Chinese medicine and specializes in activating the energy points in our ears and, thus, rebalancing the energy flow by healing the parts experiencing some ailment (details that can be both physical and mental).
First, we must understand that oriental medicine conceives the human body as a whole in which matter is united as energy. When there is an imbalance in some of the two parts, the other is directly affected. Thus, most treatments based on this type of medicine work to balance our bodies emotionally and physically. This is also the case with auriculotherapy, a branch of acupuncture that focuses on the energy points in the ears.
With auriculotherapy, anxiety can be treated because, by placing magnetic microspheres in the ear, it is possible to stimulate nerve impulses and unblock the energy, allowing it to flow generally throughout the body. This technique also allows the release of endorphins, one of the hormones that cause pleasure and well-being.
In any case, you should know that there are some contraindications to auriculotherapy as there are some people who should not use it, such as the following:
- Ear skin problems such as eczema or burns.
- It is not recommended in the case of being pregnant.
- If you have had an abortion or premature delivery, it is not recommended that you use this technique either.
- People taking antidepressants should not follow this treatment either.
They are playing sports to reduce anxiety.
But without a doubt, one of the best tricks to calm anxiety is to do sports because, thanks to physical exercise, releases endorphins. This hormone will help you feel pleasure and achieve general well-being. In addition, doing sports you get physically tired and, therefore, you will be able to rest better at night.
Among the best sports to treat anxiety, you should know that the most appropriate are those that, in addition to seeking physical exercise, are also designed to improve mental and spiritual health, such as tai chi, yoga, or Pilates, three disciplines intended to achieve a harmony of body and soul based on the principles that we have mentioned before of oriental medicine.
But if you are not much of this type of sport and you prefer team activities, you should know that, in general, any cardiovascular exercise that activates your circulation and your body is perfect for reducing anxiety; Going for a run, playing paddle tennis or riding a bicycle also favors the entry of oxygen and renews cells. In addition, by being in contact with other people, you achieve sociability that is very favorable to laugh and disconnect as much as possible from the problem or situation that is overwhelming you.
You can also reduce anxiety by taking advantage of the benefits of medicinal herbs that act directly on your body, achieving a more incredible feeling of relaxation and well-being. Next, we are going to indicate the best relaxing infusions that you can include in your daily life:
This plant is designed to alleviate some nervous disorders such as stress, insomnia, tachycardia, etc. The reason is that it contains soothing properties that reduce nerves and, therefore, improve your condition. To take advantage of these benefits, you only have to take an infusion of this type 1 time a day, preferably at night, to get deep rest and have a good night’s sleep. At FastlyHealwe discover the benefits of valerian for health.
Infusion of lemon balm
Another of the most suitable medicinal herbs to calm anxiety is lemon balm since it has calming properties, making you reduce nerves and be more calm and relaxed. The best thing is that you take it once a day to feel the effects of this infusion and live more easygoing and with greater well-being.
It is also one of the most used plants to get to sleep and relax since it has sedative and calming properties that will help you reduce anxiety, calm nerves, and alleviate stress. With a drink of this infusion every day, you will be able to see the effects and feel much better in a short time.
Another way to cure anxiety is through relaxation techniques that you can easily do at home. One of the most appropriate is meditation, a reflective practice in which you try to calm your mind and connect with your inner “I” through a relaxing atmosphere that encourages disconnection with the world outside. By practicing meditation, you will be able to reduce anxiety and bet on a more calm, balanced, and stable life. In this FastlyHealarticle, we discover the health benefits of meditation.
But suppose you prefer other types of more conventional techniques. In that case, you should know that you can also opt for breathing exercises that will help you reduce nerves, allowing oxygen to be distributed correctly throughout the body. One of the exercises that you can carry out is the following:
- Breathe in air through your nose and feel it descend into your lower abdomen.
- Hold it there for a few seconds.
- Exhale slowly, feeling the stomach deflate and the rib cage expand.
- Repeat the breath concentrating on the path that the air takes through the interior of your body
- Extend this exercise for 10 minutes and repeat it every day to eliminate anxiety and regain well-being in your day-to-day life.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Tricks to cure anxiety, we recommend that you enter our category of Mental disorders.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.