The Paracetamol is one of the best selling drugs in Spain and one of the most autorecetados, but are we aware of the side effects of this drug? It is an analgesic drug that calms pain, is antipyretic, that is, it helps regulate fever and makes it go down. Due to these two characteristics, it is very useful against flu, colds, congestion and discomfort, but we must know that it is not anti-inflammatory, as would be Ibuprofen . We should not confuse the two medicines and it is important to use each one at the right time.
Paracetamol is a good drug if you suffer mild pain, fever, the common flu, colds or osteoarthritis, but it is important to remember that to take any medication, it is important to consult your doctor to make sure that it can be useful and that your body can do it. accept and assimilate well.
That is why in FastlyHeal , we are going to know the side effects and contraindications of Paracetamol so that you can have more information about this drug. Add that it is a safe drug and that most of the side effects that we are going to know are due to a higher consumption than the clinically recommended dose.
Table of Contents
Side effects of Parcetamol
Some of the side effects of Paracetamol for carrying out a bad consumption of it can be the ones shown below:
- Allergic reaction: it is a safe drug that creates few allergic reactions, only 0.01% of its consumers suffer this side effect. If you have already gone through an allergic reaction to any drug, it is important that you go to your doctor before taking any medication and make sure that it does not contain the allergenic agent that causes such a reaction. The cases of allergy to Paracetamol are a minority and their reaction can be immediate to the taking of the drug.
- Overdose: the maximum recommended dose in adults is 4 grams per day, but it may vary depending on your constitution, weight or taking other medications. Going over this dose can bring serious problems and consequences such as liver and kidney damage or ulcers. It is important to consult with your doctor what your maximum recommended daily dose would be in order not to suffer these adverse consequences.
- Liver Injuries: Liver injuries are ailments in the liver that can lead to serious health problems. Taking Paracetamol regularly, daily and in large quantities can lead to health problems, including liver damage. It is proven that people who ingest this product on a long-term and daily basis are more likely to suffer this type of injury.
- Kidney injuries: like previous injuries, these types of diseases or ailments are caused by prolonged use and in large amounts of the drug. Kidney injuries affect the kidneys and consequently the entire digestive and excretory system and the filtration of waste and waste from our body. We must make good use of the drug to avoid these types of consequences.
- Stomach ulcers : a high and continuous dose of this medicine can lead to another physical and health problem, stomach ulcers. Stomach ulcers are wounds in the walls of the stomach that affect the mucosa area creating severe pain, discomfort and digestive difficulties. It is a very painful problem that must be treated immediately by professionals in the medical field.
- Heart problems: the misuse of this drug, understood as a continued abuse of this drug, can lead to the risk of suffering from heart problems more likely. A heart attack, cardiac arrest or stroke are some of the consequences that this medical abuse can have.
With this information, it is important to make proper use of medicine and use it in the appropriate cases and when we really need it, on the contrary, it increases the chances of suffering from certain diseases.
Contraindications of Paracetamol
No side effects or adverse reactions from Paracetamol have been experienced in pregnant women. It does not affect the woman’s system or the fetus and it is safe to take this medicine in this case, as long as it is done following the instructions of a doctor and the established doses are not exceeded. In the following article, we answer in more detail the question of ” Can Paracetamol be taken in pregnancy? “.
There are also no known side effects in the breastfeeding processes, although a percentage of the drug can pass through the milk, it is a very low percentage that does not influence the breastfeeding infant’s system. You can also take the drug in case of driving, since it does not have side effects on it either.
It is not advisable to self-recite Paracetamol in any case, but less if you are in a process of medication , suffer from another disease or if you are pregnant.
Consult with the doctor
As you may have seen in this article, Paracetamol is a safe drug if it is used correctly and under medical prescription. Self-medication can lead to serious problems and illnesses that are difficult to cure. That is why if you think you may be suffering from any of the episodes or ailments that we have mentioned above, you should go to your doctor immediately.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Paracetamol side effects and contraindications , we recommend that you enter our Medication and medical tests category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.