Spots on our Skin can be due to different factors, such as genetics, hormonal changes, or excessive exposure to the sun. Generally, it isn’t easy to prevent these spots from appearing since they depend on the Skin’s melanin production. However, it is possible to improve their appearance and tone them down slightly.
One of the most effective natural remedies is the use of baking soda. It is a product used mainly for health and gastronomy, but it can also be a great ally to cleaning and beautifying our Skin. At FastlyHealwe explains removing skin blemishes with bicarbonate, a simple and inexpensive homemade trick.
Table of Contents
Causes of skin spots
Before starting, it is essential to know the reasons that can cause spots on our Skin:
- Exposure to the sun: Exposing the Skin to the sun’s rays increases the production of melanin in the Skin naturally, but doing it in excess can alter this process and cause the appearance of spots, which is dangerous.
- Age: the passing of the years produces changes in the Skin. Among other things, we can get wrinkles and also small dark spots. The best way to avoid this is undoubtedly regular skincare.
- Hormonal imbalances: the alteration of hormones due to, for example, pregnancy or taking contraceptives can cause the color of the Skin to be not wholly homogeneous.
- Hereditary reasons: Genetics can be another cause of this problem since imbalances in melanin are hereditary. If someone in your family also has spots on their Skin, you likely carry it in your genes.
- Acne: suffering from acne is also a factor that motivates the appearance of spots on the face. Similarly, minor skin irritations can lead to dark places.
- Others: the lack of nutrients such as iron, calcium, or vitamins A, E, and B, some endocrine diseases or the use of certain medications can also cause this problem.
Benefits of baking soda on the Skin
Baking soda is an excellent remedy to lighten the tone of our Skin slightly and also exfoliate and remove dead cells. For this reason, it is widely used to hide stains and soften the skin of the face and hands.
In addition, it helps to achieve a deep cleaning, which is perfect if we want to eliminate pimples, blackheads, and excess fat in general. Some even use it on the armpits as a natural deodorant for its odor-neutralizing properties.
How to apply baking soda to the Skin?
It is straightforward. We have to follow these steps:
- Prepare a consistent cream with a couple of teaspoons of baking soda and a little water.
- Once ready, spread the paste on your face and gently rub it in with your fingers for up to minutes. In this way, you will exfoliate your skin, revealing a new layer of Skin that is much cleaner and clearer.
- After 60 seconds, remove the cream with warm water and gently pat your face dry.
- If you want to intensify its effect a bit, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture; if you’re going to soften it, try adding a little honey.
You mustn’t exceed the time; one minute is more than enough. If you leave the mixture on the Skin too long, you could dry it out and worsen its condition. We also recommend that you do not expose your Skin to the sun after cleaning with bicarbonate since the Skin will be more sensitive to the sun’s rays, which could damage it.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Remove stains on the Skin with bicarbonate, we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair and nails .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.