The premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems in men, a condition that despite great generate discomfort and rare insecurity time is attended with the seriousness with which it should be, is that like any other sexual dysfunction taboos and the emotional implications can make it difficult to properly address the problem. The causes of lack of control over ejaculation must be identified and addressed in order to ensure a full and satisfying sex life. That is why at FastlyHealwe explain the causes and treatment of premature ejaculation and the best techniques to control this problem.
Table of Contents
Types of premature ejaculation
The premature ejaculation is a very common condition among teenagers and young men who start their sexual life, yet can also occur in adults who so far had sex normal duration, this difference mainly brand type classification is given to this condition.
The types of premature ejaculation are:
- Primary : it occurs when early ejaculation problems accompany a man since adolescence or the beginning of sexual activity. They are normally enhanced by inappropriate and too fast masturbation derived from stress, tension or guilt during the act, this creates a pattern that later can be very difficult to correct.
- Secondary : it occurs in those men who until now had had normal ejaculations. They usually appear due to tension, anxiety, a long time without sex or high expectations of the sexual encounter.
Psychological causes that can lead to premature ejaculation
The premature ejaculation is a condition that usually has psychological causes and rarely is derived from a physical problem. It usually occurs during adolescence and can continue throughout a man’s life if it is not treated and controlled in time. In the same way, and as has been seen in cases of secondary ejaculation, this problem can appear suddenly and also derived from psychological conditions.
The most common causes of premature ejaculation are:
- Rapid masturbations during adolescence that occur in this way due to fear of discovery, anxiety about the pleasurable experience, or guilt. This creates a pattern that can carry over into sexual encounters later.
- Anxiety and nervousness about the sexual encounter. Desire and lack of control over it can lead to early ejaculation.
- Fear that the encounter will not turn out in the expected way, of repeating a bad past experience or being discovered on the spot, are some of the frequent reasons why this condition occurs.
- Spending a long time without sex or not having much sexual experience, which can lead to tension and nervousness, are also other common causes of this problem.
When it occurs occasionally and on time there is no reason for concern, however if it is something frequent it must be attended to in a timely manner. It is important to be clear that premature ejaculation that occurs due to these types of conditions can be combated with good sexual education , practice and self-control, the performance of some exercises and personal work to improve self-esteem and overcome experiences that have previously resulted. negative.
Physical causes that can lead to premature ejaculation
On rare occasions the causes of premature ejaculation are due to physical problems, however certain health conditions can lead to this picture, some of them are:
- Chronic prostatitis.
- Urinary infection.
- Thyroid problems.
- Adrenal gland problems.
- Psychiatric conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Various neurological disorders.
Other situations such as the abuse of alcohol, drugs or the intake of certain medications can also lead to premature ejaculation. It is especially important to go to a urologist when, in addition to this problem, there are others such as erectile dysfunction or difficulty in maintaining erections.
Techniques to control ejaculation
It is very important to try to identify the cause that generates this sexual dysfunction in order to treat it properly. The first step is to be relaxed before the sexual encounter or even masturbation, you must manage anxiety and reduce nervousness, for this, practicing proper breathing and trying to focus your mind on things that do not increase arousal too much can help.
It is essential to practice some techniques to control ejaculation in order to improve habits and achieve longer and more pleasant encounters. Some options are:
- Suspend stimulation: this technique can be practiced during masturbation or sexual intercourse, always in a relaxed and calm environment. The act begins and when you perceive that you are about to reach orgasm you stop for 30 seconds, then you start and stop again when you feel like ejaculating again for 30 seconds, until expulsion is inevitable.
- Penis compression: This exercise can be done during masturbation or sex. When the need to ejaculate is perceived, the stimulus stops and the man or his partner should gently press the tip of the glans for 30 seconds and then continue. It can be repeated several times until you want to ejaculate.
- Kegel method : exercises to strengthen the pubococcygeus or PC muscle can help strengthen this area and better control ejaculations. To start go to the bathroom to urinate, start and then stop the flow of urine, do it several times until you empty your bladder. In doing so, it is important to identify the muscle that we are compressing, as this is the so-called PC that must be exercised. Once you can clearly identify it, you can do the same exercise without urinating, repeating 30 times at least 4 times a day.
Other treatments for premature ejaculation
In addition to the techniques mentioned above, which must be practiced constantly to increase ejaculation time, other treatments for this condition can be considered:
- Psychological or therapeutic treatment : In cases where these methods fail and the patient feels insecure and sad, resorting to the help of a psychologist or therapist is one of the best options to effectively treat this condition.
- Drugs : the use of antidepressants previously prescribed by a specialist can help to delay
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Premature ejaculation: causes and treatment , we recommend that you enter our category of Male reproductive system .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.