It is no secret that a woman’s sexual desire is complex as her whole being and, therefore, more vulnerable than that of a man. When sexual loss of appetite sets in, the first step will be to identify the cause, be it biological, social or psychological. In medical terms, this alteration is known as hypoactive sexual desire disorder, and specialists agree that the main factor is most of the time in our minds. However, the moment of greatest sexual fulfillment for a woman is 45 years. At FastlyHealwe show you the causes and treatments for the Lack of sexual desire in women.
Table of Contents
Causes of Lack of sexual desire in women
The causes of the Lack of female sexual desire have to do with several factors:
- Biological factors: they can be due to hormonal changes, especially when going through menopause. It can also occur due to the intake of some medication that can act on our sexual response, such as antidepressants or drugs for chronic diseases.
- Psychological factors: it has to do with expectations about what is expected of sex or ignorance of how your body works sexually and that of your partner. Likewise, frustrating experiences, stress, depression, boredom, and routine also affect this.
- Sociocultural factors: the stereotypes of a “normal” sexual life can affect our sexual desire, as well as couple conflicts, mistrust, and resentment.
Some symptoms can be an indicator that you have hypoactive sexual desire disorder:
- You often avoid your partner and their sexual advances.
- You have no initiative to suggest sexual activities.
- You avoid situations in which moments of intimacy can be generated.
- Sex is outside of your preferences.
Treatment for Lack of sexual desire in women
Treatment will depend on the cause of the Lack of sexual desire. If the main factor is biological, the doctor may administer testosterone, just if the tests show a decrease in this hormone, although 90% of patients with this disorder have normal levels. If it is caused by a drug, consult your doctor to see the options.
Working on the reunion in the couple will be essential if the socio-cultural and psychological factors are those that are influencing the Lack of sexual desire. Conflicting couples damaged by jealousy or infidelity need the help of a specialist to achieve a meeting point and improve the relationship.
It should be noted that there is no approved drug for sexual desire disorder however there are some resources that can help redirect sexual attention:
- Recognize the desires and tastes of both.
- It enhances erotic fantasies with internal stimuli (thoughts) and external (caresses).
- The surprise factor is essential, as well as seduction and romance.
- Lingerie and sex toys can help you break out of the routine.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Lack of sexual desire in women: causes and treatment , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.