Lack of sexual desire can occur for various reasons and harm a couple’s sex life. Stress, relationship problems, or even routine, contribute to a loss of libido that translates into a worsening of sexual energy. However, it must be faced positively, removing the problems of others as long as they do not harm the time of having sex. Sex should not be an inconvenience or a barrier between you and your partner. For this reason, at FastlyHealwe propose some home remedies to stimulate sexual desire and revive passion again.
Table of Contents
Causes of lack of sexual desire
Lack of libido can occur in men and women and must be approached with patience and optimism. It is essential that, in case of discussing the subject with the couple, it is not done from an opposing point of view, but it is better to try to find out what the problem of origin is and make an effort to understand it to find a solution. Communication in these cases is essential, and you must be patient. Some of the causes that may be causing a lack of desire in you or your partner are:
- Hormonal changes . When a woman is in some stages of her life, such as pregnancy, lactation, or menopause, estrogen levels can be altered, damaging libido. Similarly, hormonal changes in men that cause a decrease in testosterone can influence the level of sexual desire.
- The routine . There is no doubt that at the beginning of a relationship, it is easier for passion for being maintained and that sexual desire is not a problem. However, as time passes, the couple may adopt a routine that abhorring sexual practice. It is best to try new things, such as new positions or sex toys.
- Relationship problems . When a couple quarrels, it is usual that it also affects the field of sex. Sex has a significant psychological factor, so arguing regularly can affect emotional stability and end both libidos.
- Trust issues . Some people can feel complex about their bodies, so they do not feel comfortable when it comes to exposing them in front of their partner, which translates into constant worry when it comes to having sex. It is essential that each person feels good about themselves so that when it comes to having sex, everything flows correctly, and each one gets carried away.
Increase sexual desire with ginkgo Biloba and dong Quai
Some of the best home remedies to stimulate sexual desire involve using certain plants, which act as natural aphrodisiacs by stimulating libido.
- Ginkgo biloba . The seeds of this plant have been used for years in traditional medicine, even though today, its leaves are used in more significant quantities to prepare infusions or in the form of pills. This plant allows for strengthening both memory and concentration. In the case of sexual desire, it benefits blood circulation, increasing appetite, arousal, and the potency of the body. It has a more significant positive effect on women than men, contributing to a faster orgasm in them and providing a more pleasant sensation.
- This plant should be consumed in moderation and orally, never in the form of a cream. Nor should its use be resorted to in case of being pregnant and during breastfeeding. Also, some of its side effects may occur headache, kidney stones, stomach pain, constipation, and allergic skin reactions.
- Dong Quai . It is another medicinal herb used for hundreds of years. In the case of lack of libido, it can be used as a home remedy to stimulate estrogen production in the body, which translates into an increase in sexual desire.
Increase sexual desire with ginseng, ginger, and maca
Other home remedies to increase sexual desire are:
- Ginseng . It is another plant that has earned a name in recent years for its beneficial properties for the human body. This plant is a source of energy and vitality, as well as has a vasodilator effect that stimulates a male erection, improving blood flow. Another of its advantages to increasing sexual desire lies in certain substances it contains, which act similarly to testosterone, which encourages sexual desire. It is essential to get advice on good ginseng to boost libido since different types have different effects. The one considered the most effective in increasing sexual desire is Siberian ginseng.
- The ginger . A root is known for its multiple properties that also act as an aphrodisiac and which we can use as a home remedy to increase libido. Ginger acts as a stimulant of sexual desire, making it an excellent option to consume before having sex. We have to prepare an infusion of this root, cut it into several pieces, and boil water.
- Maca . It is a very effective home remedy to increase sexual desire in both men and women due to its high aphrodisiac power. Regulates hormonal levels and increases testosterone while fighting impotence. It is also incredibly effective for perimenopausal women, supplying the efficiency of hormones and acting as a stimulant.
Foods that stimulate sexual desire
We have at our disposal various foods that can help to increase sexual desire slightly. Therefore, other home remedies to increase libido are the consumption of:
- Ostras . This food from the sea is known for its aphrodisiac effect. It contains zinc, which helps sperm production and increases libido.
- Egg . It contains vitamins B5 and B6 that act in the regulation of hormonal levels, in addition to helping to combat stress.
- Cacao . Chocolate releases dopamine in our body, a compound that reaches the brain acting similarly to an orgasm, acting as a stimulant. It does not mean that you will experience an orgasm the same as that experienced with sex, but it can help to increase your libido.
- Liver . Another food is rich in zinc, which is responsible for maintaining adequate testosterone. Consuming this food will ensure that our body has the testosterone we need so that our sexual desire is not impaired.
- Aguacate . This fruit is rich in vitamin B6 and potassium, which contribute to increasing the sexual impulse of our system.
DHEA to increase libido
DHEA can increase sex hormones known as androgens, estrogens, and testosterone. Therefore, it is an excellent way to increase libido, especially in postmenopausal women, although its effect is effective in both men and women. In the case of men, DHEA increases sexual desire as well as performance, as well as being effective for erection problems.
This agent acts during sexual intercourse, transforming into testosterone, making it a good option for both men and women with low libido levels. However, its use is recommended only for a period that is not excessive. Some of its side effects are hair loss, high blood pressure, acne, etc.
Other tips to increase sexual desire
In addition to the natural remedies discussed in the previous points, a series of tips can help when sexual desire is not a problem.
- Use lubricants that facilitate sexual intercourse and make them more enjoyable and toys that allow you to break the ice.
- Exposing the sexual fantasies of each one and fulfilling them.
- Go for a weekend as a romantic getaway and disconnect from everything else.
- The exercise can produce endorphins, hormones of happiness flames.
- Communication is essential both to solve problems, know each other, and satisfy your partner’s desires.
When to go to the doctor
The lack of sexual desire is the consequence of an original problem responsible for the absence of libido. Usually, finding the problem and overcoming it is enough to return to a normal state of sexual desire. However, there are times when the cause may require medical attention due to cardiovascular problems accompanied by other symptoms such as erectile dysfunction. In these cases, it is advisable to go to the doctor to treat the problem that causes the lack of libido.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies to stimulate sexual desire , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.