Any annoying and problem in the penis usually generates anguish and concern in the man. This, added to the fact that many people lengthen and avoid visiting the urologist until the pain becomes unbearable, makes it essential to provide information on the possible causes of these symptoms in the male reproductive system.
One of the main symptoms when it comes to the intimate health of men is itching inside the penis, a problem that usually grows when urinating or having intercourse and that can last over time and become chronic. If you want to know the possible origins of this condition, we encourage you to continue reading the following FastlyHealarticle; itching inside the glans: causes , and we will explain it to you.
Table of Contents
Stinging inside the penis from trichomoniasis
The trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease that can affect both men and women. In fact, it is one of the most prevalent diseases of this type, and this is partly due to the fact that in many cases it does not present symptoms, causing people to spread it without realizing it. Although it is an easy condition to treat, it is important to visit a urologist to heal it quickly and not let the infection grow. For this, it is essential to know its symptoms, among which is the burning inside the glans.
We have already commented that sometimes trichomoniasis can be asymptomatic, however, when it does present symptoms these are:
- Burning inside the penis.
- Irritation of the urethra.
- Secretions from the penis.
This condition can end up causing other infections, both in the prostate and in the urethra, in addition, if the affected person is not treated, it becomes a source of contagion for all their sexual partners. In most cases, the treatment for trichomoniasis is based on the administration of antibiotics, so it is very important to follow the indications and doses dictated by the doctor and not to stop the treatment in the middle.
Burning inside the glans from urine infection
Urine infection is really too broad a term, as it can define any infection that occurs at some point in the urinary tract, however, among its symptoms, one of the most common is burning or stinging in the glans when urinating . It should be noted that depending on the area in which the infection occurs, the symptoms may vary, however, some of the most frequent are:
- Pain in the lower abdomen.
- Strong-smelling urine.
- Frequent and urgent urge to urinate.
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in the urine.
- Burning when urinating.
- Urinate a small amount.
Normally, urine infection in men is caused by a bacterial proliferation in the prostate, among the most frequent causes of urine infection in men we find:
- Intestinal bacteria that enter through anal sex.
- Bacteria that enter through oral sex.
- Vesicular disorders.
- People with a weak immune system.
- People with diabetes mellitus.
- People who drink very little amount of water.
- People with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- People with kidney stones.
Stinging at the tip of the glans from urethritis
Uretitis is the irritation and inflammation of the urethra, a condition that, among other discomfort, causes the glans to sting when you urinate. The causes of this condition can be diverse, from irritative type due to the use of lubricants or certain chemicals, to viral or bacterial infection, which are the most common and have to do with sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.
Among the main symptoms of uretitis in men , before which you should visit a urologist, we find:
- Burning inside the glans when urinating.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Discharge from the urethra, either a lot or a little.
- Blood in urine or when ejaculating.
- Itching inside the penis.
- Swollen glands in the groin.
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse and ejaculation.
Urethritis treatment is mostly with antibiotics, especially when it is suspected that an infection is behind the condition, although it has not been confirmed through studies. If we take into account that about 50% of urethritis are caused by the double action of chlamydia and gonorrhea, it is best to do a treatment that attacks both germs.
Burning glans from prostatitis
Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate or prostate gland. This inflammation can have different triggers and depending on its origin and evolution it can be subdivided into two large groups. These two types of prostatitis are:
- Acute bacterial prostatitis : they start suddenly and start with pain and fever, and may lead to chills. The main symptom of this prostatitis is the intense stinging inside the glans when urinating, reaching the point that blood can come out. With proper treatment, this condition usually goes away easily.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis : it is a much rarer condition than the acute one, in addition, its treatment is also usually more complex. It is a condition that comes and goes and must be treated with long-range antibiotics. Unlike the previous one, this prostatitis lasts for more than three months and its symptoms also include burning inside the penis when urinating.
The Escherichia coli is usually the bacteria causing these infections also there are certain preconditions that can increase the chances of suffering:
- Padecer fimosis .
- Having suffered an injury between the anus and scrotum area.
- Having carried a probe.
- After certain procedures such as a prostate biopsy.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Stinging inside the glans: causes , we recommend that you enter our category of Male reproductive system .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.