Many people suffer from allergic problems, which are often identified by frequent sneezing, constant runny nose, watery eyes, or itching in the body.
These symptoms indicate an allergic process and that it should be treated with medications that belong to the group of antihistamines. Visertral belongs to this group, which doctors often suggest alleviating allergic conditions.
A doctor should indicate taking this medicine or any other antihistamine to avoid abuse or side effects. In this FastlyHealarticle, we explain what Visertral is for, the recommended doses, and their possible side effects.
What is Visertral
Virtual is an antihistamine derived from piperazine; its active principle is cetirizine. It reversibly competes with histamine to block histamine H1 receptor sites, thus decreasing the effects of natural histamine in the body.
The action of Visertral is prolonged; it has no sedative effect. It has a specific stabilizing activity on mast cells.
The symptoms that histamine produces in the body are:
- A cold.
- Crying eyes.
- Runny nose.
Table of Contents
What is Visertral for
The Virtual is used to treat the symptoms generated by a histamine reaction, not prevent it. Some of the conditions that can be treated with this drug are:
- Hay fever (allergy to pollen, dust, or any substance suspended in the air).
- Chronic urticaria.
- Acute urticaria.
- Contact dermatitis.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Perennial rhinitis.
- Seasonal rhinitis
- Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis.
- Any pathology that presents pruritus (itching).
Dose de Viserral
A doctor should indicate the dose of Visertral according to the symptoms you present, your age, and the response you have to treat.
- Adults with allergic rhinitis: 5 to 10 mg once a day.
- Adults with urticaria: 5 to 10 mg daily.
- Children 6 months to 2 years with allergic rhinitis: 2.5 mg should be given orally once a day, starting at 12 months. The dose will be increased to 2.5 mg twice a day by mouth.
- For children 2 to 5 years with allergic rhinitis: 2.5 mg once a day orally is indicated. This can be increased to 5 mg per day divided into two doses of 2.5 mg each.
- Children 6 years and older: the recommended amount is 5 to 10 mg orally once a day.
In cases of kidney disease, the dose will be adjusted according to the CrCL. If it is less than 30 ml/min, 5 mg orally once a day will be indicated.
In the case of children under six years of age with kidney failure, its use is not recommended. This is due to the difficulty of administering a dose of less than 2.5 mg of Visertral. Furthermore, its safety in these patients is unknown.
If there is a liver problem, the dose should be adjusted to 5 mg orally once a day with the same recommendations as for kidney disease.
Side effects of Visertral
The ingestion of Visertral can generate the appearance of some symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Difficulty breathing.
- Edema of the face, throat, tongue, and lips.
Among the significant signs are:
- Pounding and rapid heartbeat
- General weakness
- Vision disorders.
The side effects less serious are:
- Dry mouth.
- Throat pain.
If you find yourself in the presence of any of these symptoms, you should go immediately to your doctor so that, after review, adjust the dose or suspend the treatment according to the signs that you present.
In case of an overdose of Visertral, the following may occur:
Likewise, more severe signs may appear, such as:
- Difficulty breathing.
- State of unconsciousness.
- Inability to wake up
When presenting any of these alterations, it is necessary to go to an emergency to a specialist.
Contraindications of Visertral
- Virtual should not be used in people with hypersensitivity to any of its components.
- In patients with kidney or liver failure.
- During pregnancy or when it is suspected to be in this state.
- Lactating women.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Visertral: what it is for, dosage, and side effects, we recommend entering our Medication and medical tests category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.