Polaramine is a trading name for a drug composed of dexchlorpheniramine maleate, which is used to eliminate or reduce some allergy symptoms.
A chemical called histamine is released into the body during allergic reactions, which produces the classic symptoms of this condition characterized by respiratory and eye discomfort, runny nose, and other signs. Polaramine’s job is to prevent the action of histamine so that the symptoms it produces disappear or decrease. The presentations of this product are in syrup, cream, injectable, and, the most common, tablets. The most convenient way to ingest it and the dose must be provided by a doctor, so it is essential to make a visit and never self-medicate.
As allergy is widespread and there are usually many who suffer from it, at FastlyHealwe explain Polaramine, its uses, and side effects. You are adequately informed before starting your treatment with this product.
Table of Contents
Polaramine is used to counteract different types of allergies, among which are:
- An allergic reaction in the skin, either from food or contact with pollen, dust, cat or dog hair, or any other allergenic substance.
- Seasonal or chronic allergic rhinitis.
- Rhinitis is vasomotor.
- Conjunctivitis of the allergic type.
- It can also help alleviate atopic dermatitis, allergic eczema, contact dermatitis, insect bite reactions, or hives.
It is advisable to use polar amine cream for skin reactions, applying a little on the affected areas. At the same time, opposite amine tablets can be ingested for other situations, such as cough or other respiratory symptoms related to allergy. This drug has the advantage of being able to be consumed by anyone, regardless of age, but to know the correct dose and treatment, you should consult a specialist who will previously examine the allergy condition.
Polaramine side effects
Polaramine may cause adverse effects like any other drug on the market. These might be:
- Psychiatric disorders include drowsiness, insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, vertigo, headaches, or seizures.
- Urinary or kidney disorders such as urinary incontinence, abundant excretion of urine, and difficulty or pain when urinating.
- Muscle alterations, among which cramps or muscle tension in different body areas, stand out.
- Respiratory disorders such as shortness of breath or feeling short of breath.
- Cardiovascular disorders such as palpitations, tachycardia, or hypertension.
- In hematological alterations, the blood values of white or red blood cells are modified.
- General disorders include sensitivity to light, chills, sweating, and feeling dry in the mouth, throat, or nose.
For this reason, before any symptoms of discomfort, you must notify your doctor; depending on the reactions you are presenting, you can suspend the treatment temporarily or permanently or reduce the dose and gradually increase it.
- Polaramine should not be consumed if you are allergic to dexchlorpheniramine maleate or develop allergic reactions after its administration.
- Nor should it be administered if you are undergoing antidepressant treatment or if it has been recently taken; the combination of both drugs can be harmful to health.
- Although this medicine is suitable for any age, it should not be used in newborns or premature babies, so it is essential not to consume Polaramine during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It can be very harmful to the baby.
- Likewise, you should tell your doctor if you have any disease or disorder since, in some instances, the use of Polaramine is not recommended, for example, if you have developed stomach ulcers, if you are hypertensive or have cardiovascular or thyroid diseases, among others.
This article is merely informative; at FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Polaramine: uses and side effects, we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.