Antibiotics are a chemical component that is responsible for eliminating or preventing the growth of microorganisms that cause diseases, generally used to treat bacterial infections, which is why an antibiotic will have no effect on viral diseases , such as the flu. The effects that antibiotics can have on our body mainly affect the bacterial flora, if you want to avoid this consequence, nature provides you with multiple options that can fulfill the same function. At FastlyHealwe explain which are the best natural antibiotics . It should be noted that you should visit a doctor in case the infection does not subside after three days.
What are natural antibiotics for?
Natural antibiotics will help you strengthen your immune system, in addition to avoiding the side effects that synthetic antibiotics can cause, such as irritation of the intestinal flora since it eliminates all microorganisms in our body, even those that benefit it. A resistance to this drug could also develop and even favor the development of fungi, the appearance of allergies and considerably affect the liver. Take natural antibiotics
It is necessary to emphasize that depending on the cause of the infection it will be more favorable to eliminate it with a drug, however it is your doctor who must prescribe this medication. Natural antibiotics do not have side effects on our body, they are also more accessible than synthetic ones.
It is a food used mainly to season food, but it also has the property of being a natural antibiotic thanks to its active principle called allicin that manifests itself when the garlic is crushed or cut, providing an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect. It can also be used topically to heal wounds and prevent infections, the advantages of garlic is that it will benefit your body in other areas, not only as an antibiotic, in a single dose.
How to use
- As a topical : you must crush the garlic and place it as a poultice on the affected area.
- For infections : include garlic in the preparation of your meals, it will help your body to recover from the infection and will strengthen your immune system.
It is very beneficial when it comes to fighting infections of the respiratory system allowing the bronchi to relax, it is composed of essential oils and other components such as quercetin, a flavonoid that contains most of its medicinal properties. The onion is effective in treating infections such as cystitis and in fighting intestinal parasites.
How to use
- For respiratory diseases : include it in your meals by preparing an onion soup or making steam by placing 1 onion to boil and then inhale the steam that it gives off.
- For infections : cook 2 onions without skin in 1 liter of water for 1 hour, the liquid that results from this decoction 2 tablespoons of honey and stir, add lemon if desired and drink 3 times a day.
Ginger is widely used in traditional medicine, especially to treat infections in the digestive system such as gastritis, eliminate gas and flatulence. This plant increases the production of gastric enzymes to promote digestion and its antibacterial effect takes care of the intestinal flora so that it is not altered by bacteria. Another of the virtues of ginger is its effect on respiratory diseases such as nasal congestion and sore throats.
- It is not recommended if you have high blood pressure.
- If you have gallstones.
- If you are medicated for diabetes, hypertension or poor circulation.
- If you have severe gastric disease such as Crohn’s disease, ulcers, colitis, or irritable bowel syndrome.
How to use
- For pain and congestion : peel a piece of ginger root and cut it into slices, put water on the fire and before it starts to boil add the ginger and turn it off. Cover and let it rest for 8 minutes. Drink 2 times a day and add honey and lemon to enhance its effect.
- For digestion : use the same infusion and drink it after the main meals, this remedy must be accompanied by good eating habits in case of gastritis it is important to follow a gastritis diet .
Its great richness in a component called thymus, which is a disinfectant and fungicide, gives it the characteristic of a natural antibiotic . Thyme reduces the symptoms of respiratory infections by acting as an expectorant and reducing sore throats. It also protects the digestive system such as colic, gas and fights intestinal parasites. As a topical it can be used to treat wounds and prevent them from becoming infected.
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- People suffering from constipation.
- If you have stomach ulcers or irritable bowel.
- If you have hypersensitivity.
How to use
- For respiratory problems : take 3 cups a day of a thyme infusion, prepared with 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of dried flowers, combine it with honey and lemon for a better effect. You can also steam with the same preparation.
- To treat wounds : prepare the same infusion, wait for it to cool, add the liquid with gauze on the wound.
- For digestive problems : the same infusion or the mixture of thyme and chamomile will have a good effect on your stomach. Drink it after meals.
Echinacea is an alternative to synthetic antibiotics, since its greatest virtue is its antimicrobial properties, it stimulates the immune system by balancing your defenses, which can work as a preventive treatment . This plant will allow you to combat the appearance of cold or genital herpes, vaginal and urinary tract infections, as well as respiratory problems such as sinusitis or bronchitis.
Contraindications of echinacea
- Avoid mixing echinacea with drinks like coffee or tea.
- If you have an autoimmune disease.
- If you take immunosuppressive drugs.
How to use
- Most of the time, echinacea is found in capsules that should be taken up to 1000 mg per day in 5 doses.
- Another way is tincture, a process in which the plant is left in a concentration of ethyl alcohol at 95º. It is left between 10 and 40 days and is stirred, then filtered and placed in another container. This preparation is used both internally and externally, in the latter a few drops of the preparation must be diluted in a juice, water or infusion.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to The best natural antibiotics , we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.