It is expected that you have done routine tests and between the results, the creatinine values in both urine and blood come out altered. Do you know what it is? Do you know the average values of creatinine in urine and blood? What should you do?
You are expected to ask yourself many questions, and, of course, not everyone can interpret laboratory tests. The ideal would be to remain calm and then go to the doctor, who will tell you precisely what this means; however, if you want to have more information about these results, from FastlyHealwe will guide you on the average values of creatinine in urine and blood and what to do in case of alteration of these values.
Table of Contents
What is creatinine, and what is it for?
This is a waste substance product of metabolism. It also determines how the kidneys work. That is, it evaluates kidney function. In other words, creatinine is derived from muscle metabolism and is eliminated by the kidneys significantly when its concentration in the blood increases.
Creatine is the nutrient for your muscles, which provides you with the energy you need to function optimally. It is then biochemically transformed into creatinine, producing this waste due to muscle metabolism.
The greater the muscle mass, the greater the creatinine, which is why athletes have increased blood values , and it remains within normality. Creatinine is finally a metabolic muscle product to be filtered in the kidneys and eliminated in the urine.
Wondering what creatinine is for? These are its main functions:
- Offer energy to the muscles.
- Renew muscle mass.
- Balances muscle pH.
- Detect kidney failure.
Regular blood and urine creatinine values
Values can vary from laboratory to laboratory and from person to person. However, the following are generally accepted as normal blood and urine creatinine values.
The normal blood values depending on sex and age are:
- In women they range between 0.6 – 1.1 mg / dL.
- In men they circulate between 0.7 – 1.3 mg / dL.
- In children, normal blood values range from 0.2 – 1 mg / dL.
On the other hand, average values in urine in 24 hours range between 500 – 2000 mg/day:
- Men range from 14 – 26 mg/day per kg of body mass
- Women go from 11 – 20 mg/day per kg of body mass
Why are normal blood and urine creatinine values altered?
A value less than 0.7 mg / dL in men, less than 0.6 mg / dL in women, and less than 0.2 mg / dL in children are related to a decrease in muscle mass and short stature. These values predominate in women, children under 2 years old, and over 60 years old. It is directly proportional to the muscle mass of these people. It is also associated with :
- Protein consumption deficit.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Myasthenia important.
- Excess water consumption.
On the other hand, when creatinine values are found in women above 1.1 mg / dL, men above 1.3 mg / dL, and children above 1mg / dL and urine above 2000 mg/day, it could be caused by kidney failure.
Recommendations to maintain normal creatinine levels
If you have low creatinine, first it is recommended:
- Increase in the diet the intake of foods rich in protein such as eggs, salmon, tuna, chicken, turkey.
- Increase your fluid intake.
- Include foods with potassium in the diet: such as spinach and potato.
On the other hand, if what happens to you is that you have high creatinine, it is recommended immediately to go to the doctor or specialist who will request all the appropriate tests, carry out an adequate evaluation and determine the degree of kidney failure that the person has. It is also recommended:
- Adequate hydration: 2 – 3 liters of water a day.
- Maintain proper blood pressure control.
- Replace the diet with coffee and lentils.
- Eliminate cold cuts, fish, spinach, and potatoes from the diet.
- Include 30 minutes of exercise in your daily routine.
High creatinine: how to lower it
Creatinine is an organic waste of great importance when diagnosing some diseases. However, it should not cause alarm at first. The ideal would be to improve your lifestyle and start therapy with natural remedies to maintain creatinine values. In blood and urine within normality:
- Barley prepared in infusion, diluting 1 cup of barley in 1 liter of water is boiled for 10 min and left to rest. It is a natural cleanser and maintains creatinine at typical values.
- Salvia Equally prepared in infusion, two tablespoons of sage leaves in 4 cups with water and boiled, it is recommended an intake of 3 cups a day of this infusion.
- Chamomile Prepared like tea, in 1 cup with boiling water, two tablespoons of chamomile flowers are added, let it rest. It must be strained to ingest it. Two cups a day is sufficient.
- Cinnamon is included in the daily diet, as in smoothies, cereals, or hot drinks 1/2 small tablespoon, a day is enough.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to average creatinine values in urine and blood, we recommend entering our Kidneys and urinary system category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.