When the fibrous tissue that is under the skin begins to form fat deposits, the dreaded cellulite appears, a disease that affects more women than men and that does not lose weight, texture, or skin type. It is believed that 99% of women worldwide have cellulite. This condition is not considered a health problem but manifests itself due to hormonal changes, circulation problems, and sedentary life.
Orange peel is a cosmetic problem that compromises the uniformity of the dermis, which is why many people do not rest in search of treatments and cosmetics that allow them to improve the appearance of their skin somehow and feel good about themselves. Although cellulite never wholly disappears, its appearance can be improved; how? Experts assure that the most effective way is by moving the concentrated fat and activating the body’s circulation to facilitate its expulsion. A very effective way to achieve this goal is through massage. If you want to know how this alternative works, we invite you to continue reading this FastlyHealarticle about massages to eliminate cellulite on the legs.
Table of Contents
Massages to eliminate cellulite on the legs
Are massages effective in eliminating orange peel? Although they cannot wholly disappear it, massages do improve the appearance of cellulite, reduce it, and offer a much more uniform skin. Why? Because through the stimulation of the dermis, we manage to break the fat capsules and activate circulation, which allows accumulated toxins to travel out of the body through the lymphatic system and be expelled naturally through the urine.
Another benefit of massage to combat cellulite is that with manipulation, it can be concentrated in areas where cellulite is more problem, such as the thighs and the inner part of the knee, places where exercise does not have as much effect. Likewise, the result of the massages can be observed from the first sessions.
How is a massage session to eliminate cellulite
A massage session to treat orange peel skin on the legs is the same as a reducing massage session. The massages used for cellulite are a reducing massage, only that the manipulation is focused on diluting the fat balls. Before the first session, a consultation is made with the aesthetic medicine specialist, who will be in charge of analyzing the area to be treated and recommending the number of massage sessions necessary to improve its appearance.
During a reducing massage session, the person will be asked to lie down on a table, keeping only their underwear. The specialist will apply essential oil to the legs, which can be combined with glycerin, and will begin to perform movements in different directions to move the fat and drive its circulation. Treatment can take between 45 minutes and 1 hour. At the end of the session, a relaxing massage will be offered, excess oil will be removed, and the person can go about their life as usual. It is advisable to drink plenty of water after each massage to stimulate urination and fat expulsion.
Reducing massages must be performed by a specialist in aesthetic medicine because only in this way can you guarantee their success and that their use is appropriate. It is important to note that a well-given massage should not leave bruises on the skin. In general, all reducing massage causes pain since the pressure of the hands-on the fat generates a significant discomfort. Some specialists use objects to help mobilize the more difficult fat.
Self-massage to reduce cellulite on the legs
Given the high costs of aesthetic centers, some prefer to perform their massages for an orange peel at home. It is a valid alternative, although undoubtedly, the experience of an esthetician will be much more effective since when we manipulate ourselves, it is tough for us to exert all the pressure that is required because we will not want to feel pain. Similarly, here at FastlyHealwe tell you how to do a self-massage to eliminate cellulite on the legs by following the following steps:
- You will need an emollient oil such as almond oil or, failing that, a good anti-cellulite cream.
- Apply plenty of cream or oil to your legs. The skin must be moist to prevent the massage from damaging it.
- Begin first by kneading your skin and tightening and stretching its layers.
- Then, begin to stretch the skin with your fingers from the knees to the upper thigh. Do this movement for 10 minutes.
- Then, lightly tap your thighs to get the circulation going. Try to do it all over the leg.
- Begin to massage your leg from top to bottom with the palms of your hands, pressing on the skin as if you were stretching it as far as possible towards your crotch. Repeat this massage for 20 minutes. You can alternate the massage by making movements in the shape of an “S” from the bottom up.
- Finally, begin to massage your legs in circular movements, always from the bottom up, for 10 minutes.
- It is valid to spend more time massaging the most problematic areas of your legs.
- To finish, drink two glasses of water and walk for 30 minutes.
Other tips to eliminate cellulite on the legs
Reducing massages is an excellent alternative to treat cellulite in any body part. However, its effect can be temporary if we are not aware of our diet and change certain habits that may facilitate cellulite’s appearance. For the impact of your reducing massages to last forever, put the following tips into practice:
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in vegetables, lean meat proteins, whole carbohydrates, legumes, and vegetables.
- Decrease your fat intake. Cellulite is accumulated fat that was not well metabolized, so the least your body needs is to have more fat to process.
- Exercise is essential to eliminate cellulite because it also moves fat, burns it, and activates blood circulation. Not to mention that it helps your cardiovascular health and your respiratory capacity. Learn about the best exercises to eliminate cellulite in this article.
- Eat foods rich in fiber, as this substance helps absorb fat, stimulates intestinal transit, and promotes liver and intestinal function.
- Avoid junk food and clean your diet by reducing the consumption of carbonated, sugary, alcoholic beverages. Treat yourself twice a week, do not indulge in excesses.
- Eat several times a day and have a snack between all your meals.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day.
- Stop smoking. Yes, cigarettes accumulate toxins.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Massages to eliminate cellulite on the legs , we recommend that you enter our Wellbeing category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.