It is known as fever when the body temperature rises to more than 37.5 ° C in response to some disease or disorder. Since infections are persistent in children and babies, fever, a symptom of them, is also prevalent.
Although it is important to control body temperature, sometimes you do not have to obsess over this since many disorders cause an uncontrollable fever during the first days; this is why you must take your child to a pediatrician so that he can examine it and find the cause of high body temperature; however, having a constant fever can cause seizures and depletes the body’s resources, making it essential to try to lower the rage as soon as possible.
When a child is with high body temperature and you wonder what you should do, surely you want to use the most popular and over-the-counter medications, but we recommend that you take your little one to a specialist and never self-medicate; in the meantime, in FastlyHealwe want to help you clear a widespread doubt: lower fever in children. Apiretal or Dalsy?
How to know if the child has a fever?
Kissing or touching a child’s forehead is an ancient and effective method of checking body temperature. If it feels hotter than usual, they likely have a fever. To get rid of the doubt, you can use a thermometer; if the average temperature in the armpit is between 37 ° C and 38 ° C, it is said that there is a low-grade fever, while if it exceeds 38 ° C, it is already a high fever that must be tried control.
You must be careful with which element you measure your child’s temperature. For example, digital thermometers are not very reliable when the batteries are exhausted and are often used in distant periods. It is difficult for them to stay in an optimal state.
On the other hand, ear thermometers have the problem that if there is an infection in the place, the temperature is high, and if the child has wax plugs, the temperature shown is lower than that of his body.
Forehead thermometers are very sensitive, so it is essential to avoid exposure to hot or cold sources when measuring body temperature. For all the above, it is advised that you use a mercury thermometer in the armpit, being very careful not to break it.
When is the fever severe, and when to see a doctor?
How high the child’s body temperature is not the only factor in determining the severity of the disorder. For example, you should always keep in mind the child’s behavior since if he continues to eat and usually plays, it may not be a significant alteration even if he has a fever. However, you should analyze the child’s activity because the fever can increase if he is moving and physically demanding.
Although you must consult a doctor if your child has a fever so that he can find the cause of the high temperature, you must urgently appeal if:
- Madness does not decrease in 24 hours
- If the child does not drink a lot of fluids
- If the temperature exceeds 40 ° C
In addition, you must visit a specialist if the child has symptoms such as cough, earache, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, loss of appetite, irritability, and fever.
Apiretal or Dalsy for fever in children?
Apiretal and Dalsy are two antipyretic drugs responsible for acting on the body’s temperature-regulating center, which is located in the brain. Many people tend to think that with its use, they are already fighting the problem; However, neither of the two intervenes in the natural development of the disease, so its primary function is to act on the symptom, that is, to control the fever and improve the general discomfort that it can cause.
Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are the most widely used drugs to treat fever. The brands that use these active ingredients for children are Dalsy and Apiretal, which are practical and have similar effects.
- The Apiretal has the active ingredient acetaminophen, which is ideal to act as an analgesic and antipyretic, indicating it reduces fever and mild pain relief and moderate. However, it is recommended not to provide for children under three years. Although its excessive consumption could cause liver damage, it has few side effects, so it cannot be consumed in case of hepatitis or other liver diseases.
- The Dalsy has Ibuprofen as an active ingredient and is in the anti-inflammatory section. Its action is analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic, so its use is focused on alleviating localized discomfort that causes inflammation. The main drawback of its administration is that it can irritate the stomach. This drug is not recommended for children under three months, and you must always respect the dose indicated by the specialist.
Both drugs are very effective and have great results; they can also be administered in children, as long as there are no other symptoms that cross with possible side effects; for example, if the child suffers from fever and stomach pain, it is better to avoid Ibuprofen. But this medicine is ideal if there is inflammation in addition to high temperature. The choice of one or the other will depend on previous experiences and the pediatrician’s recommendation, who will determine the cause of this symptom to alleviate it completely. This is why it is essential that you follow their instructions and never self-medicate your little one.
Other recommendations to lower fever in children
Although it is essential that the infant is cared for by the pediatrician and follows the treatment indicated, there are some tips that you could use as a follow-up to control your child’s temperature and reduce discomfort, including:
- Constantly offer fluids to the child, either water or juices; even if he does not want them, you should insist on avoiding dehydration due to fever.
- It would help if you consumed liquid meals; the most recommended is a vegetable soup to help you recover the water and minerals lost by high temperature.
- Place wet cloths on his forehead, remove them when it is hot, and repeat the action.
- If possible, take a lukewarm bath.
- In the following article, you will find remedies to lower fever in children.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Lower fever in children: Apiretal or Dalsy? We recommend that you enter our Immune System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.