The vomiting is a response of our body to alert us that there has been any harm in it. Despite being something familiar and that everyone has suffered at some time in their life, vomiting can be a symptom of a mild or severe ailment. Vomiting produces a painful sensation and discomfort that can be alleviated if we consider a series of tips. If you are looking for a solution, at FastlyHealwe introduce you to several natural home remedies for vomiting.
The first thing we should know
Vomiting does not appear without an apparent cause; It is a body response when different conditions are present. Therefore, we must locate the problem causing our body to expel the stomach’s contents to treat it at its roots. We must bear in mind that, despite being a normal reaction of our body, sometimes it can be a sign of serious diseases. Some of the causes of vomiting can be the following:
- Gastrointestinal infections. They are infections generated by viruses or bacteria that damage the digestive system causing vomiting. It is usually due to the consumption of food or drinks in poor condition that is infected.
- Medications or alcohol . These substances are prone to irritate the stomach, and, as a consequence, it detects their toxicity by expelling them from the body.
- Empacho . Sometimes we can devour a huge meal, so our stomach is upset, inducing vomiting.
In this article, you can check all the causes of vomiting in more detail. It is essential to see a doctor if vomiting is accompanied by other symptoms, such as fever, diarrhea, blood in the stool or vomit, dizziness, etc.
Infusions for vomiting
The infusions of different plants are excellent home remedies for vomiting since they help to hydrate the body due to the loss of fluids that their expulsion generates. It creates other effects in the body that allow them to be reduced.
- Ginger . One of the plant’s par excellence when it comes to problems in the digestive system. This root has antibacterial properties that allow killing the bacteria that may be generating vomiting. At the same time, it benefits the proliferation of beneficial bacteria that help fight harmful ones. For this reason, ginger is an excellent home remedy for vomiting since it helps eliminate vomiting and strengthens the body’s defense against them. In addition, it will help eliminate bad breath and dry mouth that can accompany a lack of fluids. To relieve vomiting, we must cut a ginger root into different pieces and boil water to obtain an infusion.
- Mint . Muscle spasms in the abdominal area often accompany vomiting and an upset stomach. Peppermint has various substances, such as cineole and limonene, which give it antispasmodic properties, generating a calming effect on the muscles that contract and cause vomiting. Likewise, mint has menthol, linked to softening properties to which it is attributed the antivomitive power. Preparing a mint infusion is very simple; To do this, we boil water and add some leaves to the plant.
- Clove. Another of the plants popularly known to effectively treat stomach problems. The golden clove has eugenol, a component with antivomitive, anti-inflammatory, and antacid properties, perfect as a home remedy for vomiting. To benefit from its properties, we must prepare an infusion and take it a maximum of 3 times a day.
Garlic, onion, and cinnamon
There are many products that nature offers us to be used as home remedies for vomiting. On this occasion, we can benefit from some vegetables and plants.
- Garlic . Garlic contains powerful disinfectant and digestive properties that help eliminate harmful bacteria to the body that may be responsible for vomiting. Therefore, sucking on raw garlic will allow its juice to be extracted. However, the strong taste and smell can be uncomfortable. A good option is to boil garlic with water and rice since we will be able to hydrate ourselves and obtain the benefits of garlic.
- Onion. The game of raw onion helps fight nausea and vomiting due to its natural antibiotic properties. To obtain a better flavor, we can extract the juice from the onion and mix it with honey.
- Canela . It is an excellent way to calm the stomach and treat vomiting since it contains digestive, carminative, stomachic, antivomitive, and antiulcer properties. It facilitates the digestion of food, eliminates excess acid in the stomach, and its vomiting properties are excellent for avoiding vomiting. Therefore, cinnamon is one of the best home remedies for vomiting.
- Apple cider vinegar . This liquid obtained from the fermentation of apples relieves nausea, helps calm the stomach, and treats food poisoning thanks to its antibacterial properties. To get a better flavor, we must mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. However, it can be consumed with water alone, although there is a greater risk that the aftertaste will cause nausea. You can consult the home remedies with apple cider vinegar in this article.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for vomiting , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages
- Avoid large meals and try to eat less in more shifts
- Do not perform physical exercise
- Avoid acidic foods that can irritate the stomach
- Keeping the body hydrated by drinking water regularly
- Avoid eating very hot or cold food
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.