The calluses are hardened parts of the skin that appear on the hands and feet due to excessive friction or pressure on the skin. It is a defense mechanism of the skin so that it does not get infections or painful blisters. But why, if the hands and feet are fundamental parts of our body, do we tend to neglect them? The truth is that, on many occasions, we do not pay attention and the necessary care to maintain good health of the hands and feet. However, at FastlyHealwe know the best home remedies for corns without using harmful substances to the body.
Why do we have corns?
Most people can detect the presence of corns and not know why they exist. The two reasons we are accompanied by calluses are excessive pressure and friction on the skin. The main reason for this constant pressure or disagreement on the skin is inappropriate footwear: shoes that put undue stress on the foot or those that are loose, generating friction. Not wearing socks can also facilitate the appearance of calluses due to the more direct conflict that occurs between the skin and the shoe.
On the other hand, we should not confuse calluses with nails since the latter have a nucleus in the center that ends in a point and causes pain when pressure is exerted on it.
The first step we must eliminate corns is to use a file for grains or a pumice stone and pass it over the cereals to stop the first layer of skin. This stone is of volcanic origin and allows the removal of dead skin easily. Before using, be sure to clean your feet by soaking them, and then, taking your feet out of the water, rub the pumice stone over the corns in gentle circular motions. It is advisable to use a little soap and water to avoid excessive dryness of the skin.
Onion and garlic for the corns
Other home remedies for corns are garlic and onion, separately.
- Onion. This vegetable has properties that can be used in some human body conditions. In the case of corns, they will help remove hardened skin. We must cut an onion in half and pass the flat surface over the grains for a few minutes. To ensure complete removal of them, we can perform this procedure for several nights before bed.
- Garlic. Garlic is well known for its multiple disinfectant properties and contributing to better blood circulation and helping to eliminate toxins from the body. Therefore, garlic is a home remedy for corns that can be very effective. We must crush garlic and mix it with a bit of lemon juice; place it on the grains and cover it with a bandage. Then we let it act all night. Discover all the health benefits of garlic .
Baking soda, leek, and other plants
- One of the most effective ways to get rid of corns is baking soda since it allows you to remove dead skin easily. To use baking soda as a home remedy for corns, we must mix three tablespoons of it in a container with water and place the feet to soak while you massage the areas with cereals.
- The leeks are another home remedy for corns that can perform efficiently. We must make ourselves with a raw leek, cut the white central part, and put it in a container with vinegar for 24 hours. Afterward, we cut the soaked leek and place it on the corns and cover them with a bandage so that they act for several hours.
- Calendula. We cut some calendula leaves and crush them until we obtain a paste. We apply the paste on the corns covering with a bandage and leaving it to act overnight.
- Nettles. We must get a few nettles and their flowers. We wash them well and obtain their juice by introducing them to the blender. Then we have to spread the corns with the liquid obtained and repeat this action until it disappears.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for corns, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
- Try to use appropriate footwear with which we feel comfortable.
- In the case of using stockings, it is recommended that they be smooth and thin, avoiding thick ones.
- Act against the hardness as soon as it is detected that they begin to come out.
- Moisturize hands and feet with creams that fulfill this function.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.