The Alopecia areata is a condition that causes white patches on the scalp and hair loss leather which can lead to the person suffers total baldness. The exact cause of this disease is unknown, however, many people who suffer from it have a family history of alopecia. It is now believed that this condition may be an autoimmune disease that occurs when the immune system mistakenly destroys healthy tissue in the body.
Alopecia areata can affect women, men, and children and usually begins with 1 or 2 patches of hair loss on the scalp. This condition, although it does not present more important symptoms than a slight burning and itching sensation, represents an important aesthetic problem that can affect the self-esteem of those who suffer from it.
In general, if the hair loss is not complete and does not affect all the hairs on the body, alopecia areata can improve with treatment and the hair often grows back after a few months. However, there are also natural alternatives to treat this condition, for this reason in this FastlyHealarticle we inform you about the best home remedies for alopecia areata .
Table of Contents
Onion is a vegetable with high sulfur content , a compound that helps activate blood circulation so that the scalp receives more oxygen and nutrients and the follicle can activate normal hair growth . Also, the antiseptic property of onion allows fighting microbes and bacteria that can worsen hair loss. To take advantage of the onion as a home remedy for alopecia areata, follow the following instructions:
- Process 1/2 onion and 1/4 glass of water in the blender.
- Once you get the onion juice, apply it to your scalp as if it were a shampoo.
- Massage your head for 10 minutes so that the onion juice penetrates well into the pores.
- Then rinse your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat every day until the alopecia improves.
Apple cider vinegar is not only one of the best home remedies for alopecia areata, but it also has multiple cosmetic properties for hair that will help you show off new hair that is much healthier, shiny, manageable and hydrated. To combat hair loss with apple cider vinegar you should mix two tablespoons of this substance with a glass of water. Once you have washed your hair, apply the apple cider vinegar and massage your scalp for 10 minutes. Then soak your hair in warm water.
Apple cider vinegar acts on the scalp by stimulating, like onion, blood circulation to make the follicle receive more vitamins that stimulate the growth of new hair. In addition, this vinegar fights excess oil, which is why it will be very useful in people who, in addition to alopecia areata, have oily scalps.
Aloe vera for alopecia
The aoe vera is a medicinal plant that offers many benefits for the internal and external health of our body. Its skin properties include its power to clean the pores of the scalp and allow the best absorption of nutrients and vitamins , which is a great benefit to control hair loss and regulate excess sebum and bacteria. In addition, the pulp of this plant has the power to deeply hydrate the hair, so your new hair will be much healthier and more elastic.
Although in the market you can find aloe vera oil for hair , we recommend using the natural pulp that is extracted directly from the alopecia leaf, since this substance gathers all the properties of the plant and will be much more effective to combat alopecia areata naturally. To use aloe vera for hair loss, follow these instructions:
- Cut a stalk of aloe vera and extract the pulp that is inside with the help of a soup spoon.
- Apply a good amount of the gel on your scalp, massage in and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Then wash your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
- Do this once a week.
Carrot and coconut oil
The nutritional content of carrots stands out for the variety of vitamins it offers and that are very important to control hair loss. This vegetable is rich in vitamin B6, B12 and antioxidants that stimulate circulation and that will help the hair to grow back and be much more resistant. For its part, coconut oil is one of the best home remedies to show off healthy, shiny and strengthened hair.
To take advantage of the benefits of this natural remedy for alopecia, follow these steps:
- Process 1/4 of natural coconut oil and 1/2 peeled carrot in the blender.
- Apply this juice on your clean scalp and massage for 10 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with plenty of warm water until the mixture is removed.
- Repeat twice a week.
Coconut oil is a very powerful natural moisturizer, if you have an oily scalp it is preferable that you avoid this home remedy for alopecia and prefer aloe vera that helps control excess sebum in the epidermis.
Biotin is a vitamin that is part of the B complex and acts in the body by stimulating hair growth . Among its properties, its action of transporting red blood cells to the blood for proper oxygenation of the entire organism stands out, which will undoubtedly help stop hair loss. Currently the use of this vitamin for alopecia is so effective that you can find shampoo, cream baths and hair treatments made with biotin on the market.
Another way to obtain the benefits of this B vitamin is by incorporating some foods that contain it into your diet. For this reason we invite you to read our article: Foods richest in biotin .
Recommendations for alopecia areata
- Alopecia is often the result of poor handling of emotions. We advise you to avoid stress by exercising or looking for an activity that you enjoy doing in your free time. In the following article we give you some tips to reduce stress .
- Anemia can worsen hair loss due to incorrect oxygenation of the body, if you suffer from this condition treat it correctly to improve alopecia, for example, following this diet for anemia .
- Hair is nourished by vitamins, antioxidants and minerals such as iron. Eating a balanced diet will help you give all your hair the necessary nutrients for its growth.
- Tobacco weakens the follicles, quitting smoking is recommended.
- Avoid using irons, dryers and applying chemical dyes.
- Brush your gently and after showering dry it with a cotton cloth.
- Home remedies for alopecia can help increase hair growth, but should not be a substitute for medical treatment prescribed by a dermatologist.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for alopecia areata , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.