Vaginal Irritation is discomfort that, although it is not always due to essential conditions, can be very uncomfortable and even painful and affects women’s physical and emotional health. If the vaginal lips are inflamed, it creates restlessness and discomfort that prevents an everyday life, both about relationships and the simple fact of wearing pants.
This symptom can appear alone or accompanied by others, such as pain, itching, or even a bad smell. Depending on the accompanying symptoms, the cause can be clarified. Be that as it may, in the following article, we will explain how you can soothe Irritation on the genital lips with home remedies.
Irritation on the vaginal lips: causes
The causes that can cause genital Irritation are varied, some more serious and others milder. Depending on the treatment, it should be carried out by a gynecologist. Here we explain the possible causes of Irritation in the vaginal lips:
- Allergic reaction: usually caused by a block of soap, lotion, gel, or deodorant, although it can also be due to latex condoms – if you are allergic – or to some tissue in your intimate clothing. Even if it is of recent appearance and for years you have not changed your grooming routine, it is possible to develop new allergies over the years.
- Friction is typically produced during sexual intercourse due to lack of lubrication or excessively long practice.
- Vaginal candidiasis: it is a fungal infection that includes genital Irritation, white discharge, and vaginal itching, among its main symptoms.
- Menopause: one of its main symptoms is vaginal dryness, which can end up causing Irritation.
- Vaginosis – Another vaginal infection caused by bacteria. It causes Irritation as well as a fishy odor accompanied by secretions.
- Pregnancy: the weight of the baby causes reduced circulation in the sexual organs, which causes pain, inflammation, itching, and Irritation in the vagina.
Natural remedies for vaginal lips Irritation
Apple cider vinegar, or simply apple cider vinegar, is one of the best natural remedies for treating genital Irritation and itching in the vagina. Its effect is mainly due to the antifungal and antibacterial properties of this product, which can also balance the pH of the vagina.
You add two tablespoons of this vinegar to a glass of water -important that it is warm-. Once you have done it, you can use this liquid to wash your vagina between 1 and 2 times a day throughout the week.
Not as known, we will stop mentioning the use of cold compresses to treat discomfort such as Irritation in the genital lips, swelling, or itching in the vagina. The cold constricts the blood vessels, quickly relieving all these symptoms. The best way to use them is with damp compresses in cold water or wrapping some ice cubes in a clean cloth. Be that as it may, you should place it on the vagina for about 5 minutes, rest for another minute and reapply it every time you notice Irritation.
Salt can stop microbial growth in our dermis, so a bath with salt water can reduce itching and relieve genital Irritation. You must add salt to a glass full of water to do this. A tablespoon is enough. With that water, you can wash your vagina when you notice Irritation.
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for many diseases. Much of its benefits come from its antibacterial properties, eliminating yeast and bacteria that lodge in the vaginal area. On the other hand, it is an excellent stimulant for our immune system, making it easier for our body to fight any infection.
For its application, you must add a small tablespoon of vitamin E oil and a few drops of garlic oil in half a glass of water. Then apply to the area and, after 10 minutes, remove it with water.
Yogurt is the perfect natural remedy when a yeast infection or yeast causes vaginal Irritation. In this case, you should apply yogurt in the area, but it must be genuine and unsweetened. Otherwise, it could worsen the problem. It eliminates yeast and harmful bacteria in the vagina and favors the growth of good bacteria.
How to avoid Irritation of the vaginal lips
As crucial as alleviating Irritation and other symptoms is learning to detect what causes it and prevent those triggers. Next, we will give you a series of recommendations to avoid Irritation in the vaginal lips that can help you:
- Don’t use intimate soaps, lotions, or deodorants with solid perfume or harsh chemicals.
- Use intimate soaps designed explicitly for this. Only in this way will you restore the natural balance of your vagina.
- Never douche. They destroy the natural flora of your vagina and make it a perfect target for infections.
- If you have vaginal dryness, use lubricant when you go to have sex, it is essential that it is water-based and does not contain aggressive chemicals or sweeteners.
- If you suffer from candidiasis, vaginosis, or any sexually transmitted disease, you should go to a gynecologist to design the appropriate treatment for that condition. In the following article, we will talk about the treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Avoid wearing tight pants or underwear.
- Underwear should be cotton. Avoid using synthetic fabrics.
- Take off your underwear to sleep.
- Never scratch your vaginal lips.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Irritation in the genital lips: home remedies, we recommend that you enter our category of Female reproductive system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.