Gaining muscle mass is one of many people who go to gyms. We must bear in mind that one thing is to lose weight or keep the body healthy by doing a little exercise, and another is to gain muscle. Achieving this goal requires an exercise routine, proper habits, and a correct diet. One of the most frequent problems of people trying to increase their muscle mass is striving to perform the training correctly, leaving aside the diet. Due to the importance, in FastlyHealwe inform you about foods to increase muscle mass r.
Food is key
Food intervenes in many functions of our body and provides us with vitamins and nutrients necessary for our health. When we try to increase muscle mass, diet is one of the elements that intervene and must consider. The Internet has given us the possibility of informing ourselves. Still, we often find pages or advertisements that assure us of miraculous results, with which we can gain muscle mass in a short time and, sometimes, with little effort, something impossible. A poor diet can be fatal for health, but an inadequate diet during physical exercise or taking food supplements whose side effects and contraindications we do not know can be even more dangerous. The most advisable thing is to go to a specialist since they will be able to indicate to you in a more personalized way a diet that adapts to your physical needs. In this way, you can increase muscle mass with the assurance that you contribute to a correct diet without damaging your health.
How should the diet be
When the goal is to gain muscle mass, we need to provide an adequate amount of carbohydrates to our body and proteins involved in building muscle. Some people believe in the need to eat a more significant amount of carbohydrates than your body needs to gain strength more quickly; Some specialists consider that this is unnecessary since the remaining calories our body no longer burns will be converted into fat. Going to a specialist is also important since he no longer only recommends the most appropriate diet but the amount indicated for each person.
What we need to increase muscle mass
To increase muscle mass, we need to provide our body with a series of foods that provide the necessary energy to exercise and generate muscle tissue.
- Protein. It is essential to generate muscle tissue and regenerate muscle microfibers broken during training.
- Carbohydrates. They are necessary to provide the required energy that allows our body to perform during training.
- Fat. They must be unsaturated fats, necessary for the production of testosterone, which intervenes in the creation of muscle fibers, improving muscle quality. In addition, testosterone helps us perform during training and recover afterward.
- Water. It is essential to hydrate before, during, and after training. We must bear in mind that 60% of the muscles are made up of water. Dehydration influences the physical capacity, so we must always have water on hand.
- Divide meals . The usual thing is to eat about three times a day; When it comes to increasing muscle mass, it is advisable to eat 5 or 6 meals a day with a space of 2 hours between each one, to regulate glucose levels and provide the necessary energy throughout the day.
- Antioxidants. They are necessary to promote muscle recovery and growth. Vitamins C and E present in oranges, lemons, avocado, or walnuts are rich in antioxidants.
It is one of the complete cereals, rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, minerals, and trace elements, making it one of the best options for increasing muscle mass. Oats provide a lot of energy in addition to filling for longer due to their slow digestion and their contribution to good fats. In addition to proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and trace elements, oats provide a large fiber to prevent constipation problems.
In this article, you can learn more about the properties of oats.
One of the best quality protein sources, with a shallow level of fat in the yolk. Some prefer to consume only its white, separating the yolk and those who do not. The truth is that the amount of fat in the yolk depends on the origin of the egg, that is, on how the hen has been fed and under what conditions it has grown. Free-range chickens contain a higher amount of omega-3 fatty acid. Egg yolks contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamins A and B, and nutrients such as lutein and choline. As a result, a quality egg consumed whole provides a complete diet. Finally, we must remember the risk that consuming raw eggs can pose due to Salmonellosis. Some specialists assure that boiled egg is the best option to consume this product safely, obtaining all its benefits to increase muscle mass.
Chicken breast, red meat, and fish
The chicken breast contains quality protein and provides a low level of calories, so it is another food that is incorporated to increase muscle mass. Lean meats naturally provide protein and creatine and contain zinc, iron, calcium, potassium, fiber, iodine, sodium, and vitamins. This meat is low in harmful saturated fat and provides carbohydrates necessary for energy.
On the other hand, some fish are rich in lean proteins that help you lose fat and nourish your muscles with quality protein. Tuna is very rich in protein and is easy for the body to metabolize, and have omega 3.
- Nuts and legumes . They provide proteins of vegetable origin. They are rich in healthy fats, proteins, and fibers, so they are instrumental in consuming each meal. They contribute to correct slow digestion, by which its amino acids remain in the body for longer, preventing muscle mass from being lost overnight.
- Brown rice. It is another food that is usually included to increase muscle mass. Unlike white rice, brown rice provides more fiber and contains more lipids, proteins, and vitamins B and E.
- Quinoa. Rich in essential amino acids, it is a source of hydrates, provides the necessary energy for training, and provides iron and potassium.
- Spinach . This vegetable has glutamine, an amino acid involved in the development of muscle mass. In addition, it contributes to better endurance and muscle tone.
- Dairy products. Those low in fat contain good quality animal protein and provide essential nutrients for muscles.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to increase muscle mass, we recommend that you enter our Physical Activity category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.