It may be that at some point of the day, your fingers hurt, and you have no idea why it happens; it can be in one or more fingers, and, generally, it is caused by multiple conditions or injuries.
In addition to the characteristic Pain in your fingers, you are likely to experience burning, tenderness, stiffness, tingling, or swelling. We find arthritis, trauma, and nerve problems among the related conditions. Any of them are associated with risk factors such as the practice of sports, the use of some machinery at work or home falls, and also the performance of repetitive movements.
You may wonder how to Relieve Pain in the fingers of the hands? We’ll describe how here, including everything from turmeric infusions to castor oil massages. If you want to know more about this topic, we invite you to continue reading this article by FastlyHealabout Pain in the fingers of the hands: causes and remedies to relieve it.
Table of Contents
Pain in the fingers of the hands: common causes
Before describing the most frequent causes of Pain in the fingers of the hands, we must consider that this annoying symptom is usually associated with others such as:
- Increased sensitivity.
- Redness or changes in the color of the fingers.
Any of the conditions related to Pain in the fingers can cause any of the symptoms described above.
Among the possible causes of maintenance in the fingers of the hands, we find:
- Cubital tunnel syndrome: occurs when there is a direct contusion, blow, or trauma to the elbow, which is why one of the primary nerves of the arm, the ulnar, is compressed or irritated. This causes Pain, tingling, and tenderness in the fingers. This nerve runs from the neck to the hand, specifically, to the little finger and the middle of the ring finger on both the back and the palm, and is usually affected when the contusion occurs behind the elbow.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: In this case, there is an increase in pressure in the median nerve, which is in charge of allowing sensitivity and movement in the hands, including the palm and the thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger, so its involvement would generate tingling, numbness, Pain in hands and fingers. This occurs mainly in people with small carpal tunnel due to repetitive hand and wrist movements and vibrating hand tools. Knowledge of this condition has expanded with the technological era since it is widely related to the use of computers and the mouse, as well as the use of some musical instruments or the practice of sports. It tends to be expected between 30 and 60 years of age and more often in women than in men.
- Infectious cellulitis: this is a relatively common bacterial skin infection that even affects the subcutaneous tissue. It is characterized by Pain, tenderness, redness, increased volume, and may feel hot at the site of the infection. As this is associated with skin lesions, any cut, wound, or direct burn in the region of the hands or fingers can lead to the appearance of cellulite and, consequently, its typical symptoms.
- Trauma: A direct blow to the finger that puts pressure on it can cause severe Pain.
- Arthritis: inflammation of a joint or what is commonly known as arthritis can be suffered in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hands, or fingers and tends to cause Pain, discomfort and limitation of movement. Arthritis is subdivided into some other more common ones, such as gout, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Other causes of finger pain
The fingers on the hands can also hurt from situations such as:
- Compartment syndrome: this is defined as the process of inflammation and increased pressure in muscles, nerves, and blood vessels that can cause damage to them. It is a severe problem that requires immediate medical attention. Between each power is a layer of tissue called fascia; this, in turn, is located in a space known as a compartment; it is where the nerves, vessels, and muscle tissue are located. Any inflammatory process will bring about an increase in pressure in this space, oppressing all its components; if this is strong enough, it can, finally, cause a blockage in the blood flow, causing permanent lesions at the muscular and nervous level. The arm, in this case, may even stop working usually.
- Trigger finger: product of a tendon inflammation in which the finger remains in that position, trigger finger, making it difficult to stretch or bend it.
- Raynaud’s phenomenon: Although this condition is rare, it can cause Pain in the fingers. It is called a disorder of the blood vessels where there is a narrowing of the same when there is stress or cold. At this time, the fingers turn bluish. Once the blood flow has returned to normal, the skin will become red, and there will be a tingling sensation. This is common in people who live in cold climates.
Other causes of finger pain are:
- Finger twists.
- Wounds or cuts.
- Finger fracture.
- Tenosynovitis from overuse.
- Practice a contact sport.
- Use some specific machinery.
- After activities like skiing.
- After activities in the kitchen.
- After repetitive movements.
Home remedies to relieve finger pain
There are several natural remedies that you can use to relieve Pain in your fingers. However, you must eliminate any risk factors directly related to their appearance if modifiable.
Among the home remedies to relieve Pain in the fingers, you can use:
- Turmeric: You have probably heard that turmeric is an anti-inflammatory by nature and has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. All these benefits help relieve Pain in the fingers; it is recommended to dilute one teaspoon in 1 glass with milk and honey or, failing that, with water and drink until this symptom has disappeared.
- Castor oil: this powerful oil has another acid within its component that acts as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic, that is, effective in treating inflammation and Pain. It is recommended to massage the sore fingers two times a day with the oil.
- Rosemary is a powerful remedy to reduce inflammation and soothe pain; it is recommended to immerse your hands in warm water, five rosemary branches, and a few drops of lavender oil. Keep your hands engaged in this preparation for a few minutes, and you will feel relief.
- Aloe vera: it is effective in relieving pain and reducing muscle tension. Remove the crystal from the aloe vera and use it to massage areas that feel pain.
- Calendula: either in oil or using its flowers, calendula is effective against joint Pain, muscle pain, and inflammation. You can dip your hands in a mixture made with calendula flowers and water or massage your fingers and hands with its oil.
You can also use:
- Flax oil
- Vitamin B6.
- Omega 3.
Do not hesitate to go to your doctor when you feel pain in the fingers of the hands and it does not improve with the use of any remedy to relieve it and, in addition, it persists for much longer. It may be necessary to use drug treatment according to the cause or trigger to relieve Pain.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pain in the fingers of the hands: causes and remedies to alleviate it, we recommend that you enter our category of Bones, joints, and muscles.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.