One of the main concerns of people when it comes to health is everything that has to do with drugs and medications, their operation, indications and precautions. Since many people do not know what their function is and how they act, there are many doubts that appear with their intake.
One of the most widely used types of medications in the world are psychiatric medications, since stress and lifestyle and diet problems, among other factors, have influenced the rise of not only physical but also emotional and psychological conditions. as is the case with anxiety and related disorders. Learn about the anxiolytic Trankimazin in this article : what it is for and side effects .
Table of Contents
What is Trankimazin?
Trankimazín (Alprazolam) is a drug used especially to treat clinical pictures related to anxiety and also to chronic depressions that usually present anxiety among its frequent symptoms. Its main presentation is in tablets of 0.50 mg. It falls within the category of tranquilizer medications (anxiolytics), specifically listed within the benzodiazepines.
Benzodiazepines and their derivatives such as Alprazolam are drugs that act selectively on the central nervous system, that is, going directly to specific neuronal receptors, in this case stimulating depression or, in other words, decreasing activity by the neurological system.
What is it for?
Being an anxiolytic, it is used for clinical cases (of significant acute or chronic severity) of anxiety, specifically in patients with any of these disorders:
- Panic attacks with or without agoraphobia (agoraphobia is the exaggerated and irrational fear of going out into open spaces and / or exposing oneself)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders, as the person manages high levels of anxiety if things get out of the patient’s expected order.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder, during consumption or in the process of substance withdrawal.
Outside the spectrum of anxiety disorders, it can also be prescribed in chronic depressive patients who usually present anxiety as one of their symptoms and in other psychiatric pictures of the mood disorder that merit its application, but as a secondary part of the treatment, since its effect main is anxiolytic.
It can also be applied to the treatment of some cases of insomnia as well as epilepsy and to doping a person prior to a dental or invasive operation, because as we mentioned, it is responsible for turning off the nervous system.
Trankimazin: warnings and possible side effects
All medication has asterisks in its application that must be observed and therefore require a prior prescription from a professional. Among the warnings for its use are:
- Mix with other medications: any current or recent drug use should be mentioned to the specialist. Any other psychotropic should also be mentioned, including social drugs such as cigarettes and alcohol.
- Serious liver alterations could be detrimental to the consumption of this and other medications, as it is the main actor in their assimilation.
- Respiratory disorders in sleep.
- Muscle weakness problems (myasthenia).
- Benzodiazepine allergies.
- As is often the case with a large part of psychiatric medications, it usually causes tolerance to it, that is, the body will reduce its response or relief of the symptom, in this case of anxiety, and it may be necessary to change the compound, or preferably the therapeutic method, due to the possible suggestion that may be generated.
- It is important to remember that this drug inhibits neurological function, but the systemic neuroendocrine cause of such conditions does not treat them or very slightly. Therefore, alternatives and causes should be sought at the lifestyle or even emotional level that may have an impact on whether the problem has arisen and is maintained, and not depend only on the drug.
- As with many other psychiatric medications, unless the specialist indicates it, its use should not be stopped in one fell swoop, since the differential presence of the chemical in the nervous system can cause damage and even a possible syndrome. withdrawal.
- Caution in case of being pregnant or suspecting of being in condition.
Possible side effects of Trankimazin
- Drug dependency . There must be vigilance to comply with the period of consumption of the same, since this drug, consumed chronically, becomes a dependency, also on the part of the professional if this is their indication. The idea of a therapeutic process is to dispense with the drug at some point, not consume it chronically or recycle brands.
- Depression, irritability, fatigue and / or drowsiness. Let us remember that the function of this medicine is mainly sedative, but it does not give peace of mind as such. The person may feel organically sedated but emotionally if left unattended, it can lead to a worse situation.
- Dizziness, headache, trouble articulating words and memorizing. Abnormal coordination of the extremities.
- Sexual dysfunction .
- Weight changes, nausea, and decreased appetite.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Trankimazín: what it is for and side effects , we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.