It could have been a brand name for a medicine to treat common cold and flu symptoms. This medicine comes in the form of effervescent tablets, which help the body absorb the compounds more quickly, and the effect of the treatment is felt in a short time.
You do not need a prescription to buy Couldina to buy it freely at any pharmacy. However, its use should be moderate, and it suggests some restrictions that you will be able to know in this FastlyHealarticle, where we explain what Couldina is for.
Table of Contents
What is the Coulda
It could have been a drug of 500 grams of acetylsalicylic acid as the active ingredient, but it also contains chlorphenamine and phenylephrine. Due to its combination of these three principles, Couldina is used to treat the symptoms of the common cold and flu, being a powerful ally for acute or severe symptoms such as fever, nasal congestion, and general malaise.
How does the Couldina work?
- Acetylsalicylic acid is an analgesic that relieves body pain and lowers fever.
- Chlorphenamine: it is an antihistamine that reduces tearing caused by the flu and relieves sneezing.
- Phenylephrine: it is a building vessel that helps to improve nasal congestion.
How to take Couldina?
It could be found in pharmacies in effervescent tablets or sachets. Although the recommended dose varies according to each person and the intensity of their symptoms, the most recommended to specialists is to take one pill every eight hours, like any anti-flu.
To make this type of effervescent medicine, such as Cloudina, the content of an envelope or tablet must be dissolved in half a glass of water; wait until the mixture has completely dissolved and then take it, preferably after a meal.
Precautions when taking Cloudina
- If the person has asthma, diabetes, kidney disease, problems with liver function, stomach ulcers, heart disease, anemia, ocular hypertension, or prostate hyperplasia, you should consult your doctor before consuming this type of Medication.
- Cloudina should not be administered to children since the consumption of acetylsalicylic acid in those under 18 years of age is associated with the development of Reye’s syndrome, which causes brain and liver damage.
- All pregnant or lactating women should consult their doctor before consuming Cloudina.
- Consuming Cloudina together with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may cause adverse effects.
- Cloudina contains prohibited substances in competitive sports, so its use can lead to a positive doping test.
Contraindications to the consumption of Cloudina
- Cloudina may decrease the ability to concentrate and reflexes; it is not recommended to drive or carry out high-risk activities during its consumption.
- It is necessary to notify your doctor if you have consumed Cloudina before any surgical or dental intervention.
- If you are allergic to any of the principles of this drug, do not consume it.
- Consumption of Cloudina is not recommended for people with hyperthyroidism or fluid retention.
- Do not consume this medicine if you are currently being treated with anticoagulants or antidepressants.
- People who have hemophilia should not consume Cloudina without first consulting their doctor.
- This medicine can alter the results of blood and urine tests.
- Consumption of Cloudina suggests few side effects; however, some people have been reported to experience nausea, stomach aches, or cramps after administration.
- Consuming too much of this Medication, like any other, is harmful to health.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is the Couldina for? We recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.