Barmicil is a pharmacological product with excellent properties and benefits for treating different lesions that can be complicated by infectious processes in the body’s largest organ, the skin. The conditions that occur range from inflammatory type lesions to the presence of fungi, such as ringworm.
It is a drug for topical use that should not be missing in your first aid kit due to the many services and benefits it offers. I invite you to continue reading this article, FastlyHeal, which explains in detail para What is the Barmicil composite: use and dosage.
What is Barmicil compound cream for?
The compound Barmicil is a drug for dermatological use with an anti-inflammatory effect that has bactericidal and fungicidal properties with excellent results in cases of skin infections. Barmicil compound is its trade name, and it is made up of:
- Betamethasone: is an anti-inflammatory drug that relieves itchy skin and redness and prevents the appearance of scabs.
- Clotrimazole: it is used to eliminate any fungus or bacteria on the skin.
- Gentamicin: is an antibiotic used to treat infections caused by bacteria sensitive to gentamicin on the skin.
Among the uses of the compound Barmicil, we find that it is beneficial for the treatment of:
It is an infection produced by a fungus known as candida Albicans; it occurs in different parts of the body, frequently causing vaginal infection in women, characterized by inflammation of the genital lips accompanied by pain and discharge. The following article explains the causes, symptoms, and treatment of vaginal yeast infection.
In men, the same inflammation can occur at the genital level.
This is an infection caused by a fungus called Trichophyton Rubrum, driving the following conditions:
- Corporal ringworm: this alteration occurs throughout the body and is characterized by the presence of tiny red circles, except the scalp, palms of the hands, soles of the feet, and groin.
- Athlete’s foot: itching, burning, and cracked skin on the feet, isolated areas, and the folds between the toes. May cause odor, flaking, and cracking. Clotrimazole is responsible for eliminating the fungi that cause this alteration and preventing itching and hydrating the skin of the feet.
- Jock itch: this infectious lesion occurs in the groin; it consists of scaling and itching the skin in the area.
The moisture that accumulates on the nails can lead to the appearance of fungus. The compound Barmicil works by preventing the growth of fungi and eliminating bacteria and fungus from the root. To treat onychomycosis (the presence of nail fungus), the cream should be applied with clean and dry feet about two times a day; in this way, the lesions will disappear.
It had Versicolor
This infection occurs on the back, armpits, chest, neck, and upper arms. It is produced by a fungus known as Pityrosporum Orbiculares; it causes changes in the appearance of the skin due to loss of pigmentation.
Barmicil cream treats acne for its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Contributes to the healing of skin lesions.
Spots on the skin
They can be the product of fungal infections or constant exposure to the sun. With the Barmicil compound, excellent results will be obtained.
It is also used in insect bites such as mosquitoes, mainly when an allergic reaction occurs.
In addition, it is used in cases of skin irritation due to sun exposure.
Barmicil compound cream dosage
The dose of Barmicil depends on the treating doctor and the injuries and symptoms you present. To use Barmicil cream correctly, you must take into account the following recommendations:
- A thin layer of the cream should be applied to the affected area. Before using it, the place to be treated should be washed, dried with a clean towel, and then applied two times a day, morning and night.
- The dose will be repeated for as long as necessary. As long as you have the injury, a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Caution should be exercised during pregnancy and lactation and should only be used under strict medical prescription.
Compound barbicel: contraindications
If you use Barmicil, you should know that it is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If tuberculous lesions are present.
- This is due to its betamethasone content in people who have a viral infection, such as chickenpox or the flu.
- In people allergic to any of the active components or derivatives of cortisone.
Mixing with other products or medications should be avoided. In addition, it is essential to bear in mind that one of the active elements in Barmicil is gentamicin, and it is excreted through the kidneys or liver, so in cases where alcohol is consumed, this can be complicated. Alcohol consumption should be avoided during its application.
Barmicil compound side effects
This drug can cause side effects, which you will learn about below. Among the most common are the following:
- Burning skin
- Changes in skin pigmentation.
- Stretch marks.
Similarly, other less frequent injuries may appear, such as:
- Redness of the skin.
- The appearance of blisters.
- Softening of the skin is accompanied by loss of pigmentation.
In cases where any of these effects are present, you should go to the doctor, who will be in charge of identifying the degree of the injury to indicate the treatment to follow.
Each of the injuries described above is treated with compound Barmicil; if you suffer from some of them, you should go to your doctor so that a previous evaluation can corroborate the presence of these conditions and if you require compound Barmicil, how are you going to apply it and what precautions take about it.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is the Barmicil compound for use and dosage, we recommend that you enter our category of Medication and medical tests .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.