At some point in your life, have you suffered from a kind of Pimple on the eyelid that appears suddenly? The presence of a pimple on the eyelid may be related to some conditions known as stye and chalazion, which are due to an inflammation of the glands of Moll or obstruction of the sebaceous gland found in the eyelid.
What worries most people is whether these pimples on the eyelid can cause vision complications. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will tell you everything; we will clarify your doubts about spots on the eyelid: why they come out and how to remove them. Keep reading the following FastlyHealarticle, and we will explain it to you!
Pimple on the eyelid: what is it
It can be worrying that a pimple appears on your eyelid suddenly, but do not be alarmed; it can be for different causes, most of them simple to treat. We will explain them below:
The style is the most frequent reason why a pimple appears on the eyelid; all people at some point in life have had this minor bump on the eyelid, also known as inflammation of the glands of Moll or Zeiss glands. . The stye can appear at the base of the eyelashes or under the eyelid.
The majority of styles are caused by a bacterial infectious process caused by staphylococcus. These usually develop in a few days or turn into a chalazion. It is essential to clarify that there are two variations of the style.
The style can be external or internal. The first begins at the base of the eyelash; they are similar to a pimple and are related to an infection of the hair follicle. For its part, the interior style grows inside the eyelid and is related to an infectious process of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
This is the second reason related to the presence of a pimple on the eyelid. A chalazion is caused by a blockage or blockage of the oil gland in the eyelid. This can start as a simple style and then turn into a chalazion; this is why the two conditions are easily confused. In any case, the ophthalmologist will give the correct diagnosis.
Stye and chalazion are among the causes of outpatient care for eye diseases and its annexes nationwide with 3.22% according to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Peru in 2016. 
- Millenium cysts: known as milk spots, it is a kind of whitish cysts that are located in the epidermis of the eyelid as well as in other parts of the face such as the nose and lips. These appear when dead skin cells are not eliminated traditionally, trapped in the sweat gland or the hair follicle, forming a pimple. Millenium cysts are common in newborns, but no adult is exempt from suffering at some point in life.
- Xanthelasma is another reason associated with the presence of pimples on the eyelid; this condition is characterized by presenting yellowish bumps under the skin, around the eyelid, and the eyelid itself. Its presence is due to an accumulation of fat (cholesterol) under the skin’s surface; it is believed that it appears in people with high levels of cholesterol in the blood. In the following article about fat balls on the face, we explain everything about fat balls.
Pimple on the eyelid: symptoms
Most think that vision can be compromised when presenting any of these conditions. However, this is not usually the case; initial symptoms are manifested that allow identifying them or going to the doctor in time before any of them seriously affect the sense of sight. . The initial manifestations of the style are:
- Red bump.
- Pain in the area.
- Eyelids red completely.
- Inflammation at the base of the eyelashes.
- Sensitivity to touch
- Sensitivity to light.
- Itchy eye
Beyond the style, the symptoms of the different conditions that can cause the appearance of a pimple on the eyelid are:
- The chalazion is distinguishable from the stye since it does not present any pain unless it grows too large, where blurred vision can be shown in addition to the red and inflamed eyelid and sensitivity to the touch.
- The cyst million generally form a kind of relief like a point of pimple pus without evidence of associated symptoms.
- Xanthelasma manifests as defined lesions in the form of flat yellowish discs under the skin without any other particular symptoms.
How to remove pimples on the eyelid
Here’s how to remove a pimple on the eyelid depending on the underlying cause:
- A style most of the time will not require specific treatment; this usually disappears on its own in a few days spontaneously, unless it is persistent where the doctor indicates antibiotic therapy in the form of eye drops or ointment.
- Likewise, the chalazion can disappear in a few days without using specific treatment. It is known that in at least two weeks, the chalazion disappears entirely and on its own. If this is not the case, the doctor may indicate an incision in the affected eyelid and corticosteroid treatment.
- The physician can remove the cysts million and xanthelasma for aesthetic purposes.
Recommendations for pimples on the eyelid
In addition to the treatment that the doctor may indicate, depending on the cause of the appearance of the Pimple on the eyelid, it is essential to follow some tips :
- The hot compresses or warm to the less applied to the affected area three times a day accelerate the process of disappearance. This is useful to help drain the obstructed gland.
- Apply chamomile tea bags, which have anti-inflammatory properties, for 10 minutes on the affected eyelid.
- Don’t apply makeup until the Pimple is wholly gone.
- Clean your hands well before touching your face.
- Do not try to remove any pimples that appear on the eyelid.
- Don’t wear contact lenses until it’s completely gone.
There are several conditions related to pimples on the eyelid, but none of them are serious; if you have any of them and it has not improved in a short period, do not hesitate to go to your doctor for the necessary assessment.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimple on the eyelid: why it comes out and how to remove it , we recommend that you enter our Eyes and vision category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.