Have you noticed some balls in your armpits? Do they hurt? Did they appear suddenly? Have you had a fever? There are many characteristics to define those little balls in the armpits. They have often swollen glands and, other times, extremely painful abscesses. The causes for which these balls can appear in the armpits are varied. Still, they always revolve around a viral or bacterial infectious process that can be localized, that is, in the armpit region, or generalized. At FastlyHealwe will discuss why lumps appear in the armpits and how to cure them.
Lumps in the armpits: folliculitis and boil
One of the first reasons armpit lumps can appear is inflammation of the hair follicles. In this case, it is an inflammation of infectious origin that can be due to viral, fungal, or bacterial processes. In this process, small painful pimples can form and, sometimes, yellowish when there is the presence of pus.
On the other hand, the boil is a much deeper infectious process of the hair follicle, commonly known as abscesses or swallows; it is an excruciating process that generates fear for the sufferer. The little balls in the armpits caused by the boil generate a much greater inflammatory process reddened and with a large amount of purulent discharge, pus. In the following FastlyHealarticle, we will talk about natural remedies for boils.
Lumps in the armpits: hidradenitis suppurativa
The sweat glands responsible for producing sweat in the armpit region can become inflamed, blocking the exit of work; this is why extremely painful nodules or balls are formed.
In addition to hidradenitis suppurativa, this chronic disease is also known as apocrinitis, acne inverse, and Verneuil’s disease. This is characterized by presenting hard and painful nodules or balls with a collection of pus inside.
This disease is much more common among women than among men; for every man who suffers from it, three women suffer from hidradenitis suppurativa . The characteristic symptomatology of apocrinitis is intense pain and, occasionally, fever may appear. This improves once access begins draining. Indeed, the diagnosis of this process is entirely medical; therefore, once the first symptoms appear, do not hesitate to go to the emergency room.
Other causes of lumps in the armpits
There are other causes associated with the appearance of balls in the axillary region, and one of them is the sebaceous cyst, which is nothing more than a kind of bag that forms under the skin and that inside it has a fatty substance called Sebum that only become painful when it is inflamed or infected.
Finally, a localized or generalized infectious process can trigger an inflammatory process, that is, an increase in the volume of the lymph nodes. In this case, the nodes located in the axillary region tend to increase in size to stimulate the immune system and defend the body from any infectious agent. In addition to being related to contagious processes, lymph nodes are also associated with autoimmune diseases and cancer.
How to cure lumps in the armpits
In the first place, the pharmacological treatment will depend on the cause for which the balls originate in the armpits, and this will be strictly indicated by a doctor. Most of the time, antibiotics for the skin such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, or ciprofloxacin will be indicated orally depending on the infectious process, including anti-inflammatories analgesics such as ibuprofen can also be prescribed.
However, at home, different measures can be applied to improve symptoms and, sometimes, even the lumps in the armpits disappear unless a severe health problem does not cause them:
- The first way to improve the presence of the balls in the armpits is turmeric; it is a home remedy that is used to treat boils; a teaspoon of turmeric powder with honey will be ideal for jogging as an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic antibacterial; it is also capable Of accelerating the healing process, the ideal would be to form a paste with this mixture and apply it directly to the affected area for approximately 15 minutes, it is recommended to remove it with warm water and repeat it every 12 hours.
- It is also advisable to apply hot water compresses, increasing blood flow in the area and reducing pain. It is recommended to use these compresses for 10 minutes and every 8 hours for seven days.
- The use of apple cider vinegar allows the inflammatory process not to increase and the swelling to decrease. The ideal is to apply it diluted in equal parts with water, place it for 5 minutes in the armpit, and then rinse the area with warm water; this is recommended to be done every 12 hours.
- The natural antibiotic par excellence is garlic; it allows for eliminating bacterial infections efficiently and quickly, relieving all other symptoms of pain that occur, and stimulates and strengthens the immune system . In this case, it is recommended to use approximately ten previously macerated cloves of garlic and apply it directly to the affected area for 5 minutes and remove it with warm water; this is recommended to be done every 12 hours for seven days.
- The lemon juice with high content of vitamin C has anti-inflammatory and analgesic recommended by squeezing juice two lemons and impregnating a cotton swab and applying it directly to the affected area acting for 20 minutes and then removing with warm water that it is recommended every 8 hours.
The doctor is the specialized person who can indicate the treatment that the patient needs depending on the cause of the disease’s symptoms; before starting any treatment, you should go to your doctor to make a good diagnosis.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Balls in the armpits: why they come out and how to cure them , we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair, and nails .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.