The skin fungus results in a condition called ringworm, and this infection causes a parasitic fungus that affects the skin, nails, and hair. It is a common disease, especially among children, but it can affect people. It is highly contagious, so it is imperative to comply with a series of preventive guidelines to get as far as possible from these fungi.
At FastlyHealwe explain the best home remedies for skin fungus, which will help you get rid of them naturally and effectively.
Table of Contents
Prevention of skin fungus
Before talking about home remedies that can help you fight fungus on the skin, you must know that fungi love humidity and heat. Therefore, you can carry out a series of preventive measures to avoid that colonize your skin:
- Keep the dermis clean and dry, as fungi love moisture. After each shower, it is recommended that you take time to dry your feet well.
- Wear flip-flops in public places like showers, locker rooms, and swimming pools to prevent athletes’ foot.
- Wear shoes made of materials that allow adequate ventilation, such as leather and cotton socks.
- Don’t share clothes, towels, hairbrushes, or other personal care items.
- Take a shower after exercising to remove sweat and use deodorant or antiperspirant, not only in the armpits but also in areas prone to sweating, such as the feet.
Garlic to control fungi: garlic for fungal infections
Garlic is one of the antifungal par excellence, that is to say, one of the best remedies to combat fungi.
To treat the case of dermatomycosis, we can use garlic in two different ways:
- Orally, take garlic on an empty stomach, crushed with water and a little lemon.
- Topically, prepare a crushed garlic gauze and apply it to the area affected by the fungi. Leave for a few minutes, and then remove the gauze without rinsing.
Water and sea salt
Seawater is one of the best remedies to combat fungi, sea salt being a perfect ally to fight against this skin disorder due to its property to fight fungi and bacteria.
Therefore, do not hesitate to get into the sea if you have it nearby; And if this option is difficult for you, it is recommended that you take a bath at home with sea salt at least once a week. You will notice excellent results.
Propolis to improve dermatomycosis
Propolis is an excellent natural remedy to improve the symptoms of dermatomycosis, being a substance of brown color, sweet smell, and sour taste made by bees with mainly antiseptic, healing, and antifungal properties.
For its application, it is best to prepare a propolis tincture or buy an antifungal cream for fungal infection on the skin that contains at least 20% of this substance at the pharmacy or a store specializing in natural products. If you want to make a propolis tincture yourself, you should proceed as follows:
- Mix 15 ml of propolis with 85 ml of 70% alcohol.
- Store in a dark container, and keep in a cool, dry place for ten days. During this period, the maceration takes place, employing which the alcohol will be able to extract the active principles of the propolis so that we later benefit from its benefits and qualities.
You must apply it using a gauze soaked in a bit of water, to which you will add a few drops of a tincture, and then you must place it on the affected areas once a day.
The essential oil of the tea tree is very effective in treating dermatomycosis and is a great partner for eliminating bacteria and fungi. Due to this quality, it is a good home remedy for skin fungus that you should use dissolved in olive oil or almond oil. To do this, prepare a container with 50 milliliters of oil and 60 drops of tea tree and apply it to the affected areas twice a day.
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar: is apple cider vinegar good for fungal infection.
Mushrooms don’t like extreme pH, so due to the alkalinity of baking soda and the acidity of apple cider vinegar, both products are good home remedies to fight fungus.
Ideally, when applying them is to alternate the paste made with bicarbonate and water with apple cider vinegar baths, doing this routine at least three times a week if you suffer from this condition.
Remember that these home remedies should not replace a medical treatment prescribed by your dermatologist. If you suspect that you suffer from this skin condition, you should follow the appropriate antifungal treatment and advice.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe ringworm treatment at home or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for skin fungus, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.