Among our natural needs is to be able to look and feel good, maintaining a figure and appearance in accordance with our well-being, since our body is our temple and the way we treat and cultivate it is a reflection of how we treat ourselves. themselves. Many believe that it is an exclusive problem of femininity, but also gentlemen need and feel this in one way or another.
Among the details to take care of in our figure are the legs and it is something that can happen to all of us. Mainly women -by hormonal nature- who have a greater predisposition to accumulate mass in this area of the body, just as men accumulate first in the belly. So, to correct or avoid this problem, there are different alternatives, among which are exercises to lose weight at home quickly . At FastlyHealwe will describe the main ones below.
Table of Contents
Why do we get fat in our legs
Having fat legs has two main reasons, necessary to understand to perform exercises to lose weight with awareness:
- Fat accumulation , as a way of storing energy available in the body, but that it does not need at the moment (or due to metabolic problems it is not able to use).
- Fluid retention , chronic stress, contraceptive consumption, among other variables, which can cause problems such as varicose veins.
Both causes can be reversed naturally with constant physical activity. The exercises that we will indicate below are specifically effective to slim the legs in less than 3 weeks with daily practice, but if you want to do any physical activity that you are passionate about, it will also help to solve this problem.
Exercises to slim the legs: inverted poses
There are three main options within the inverted postures, which in simple words, are the postures in which we put ourselves ‘backwards’, with our feet up . You can use these variants depending on your ability. The idea of these first three exercises is to help blood circulation in the legs, and at the same time provide a better rest, as they are very relaxing.
This first alternative is the easiest variant of the inverted poses. Lie on your back on your bed or a comfortable surface, stick your buttocks to the wall or smooth and vertical surface and place your legs leaning against the wall , forming a 90º angle. If you keep them fully stretched, the effect will be better.
Exercises to slim the legs: basic shoulder stand
In this posture – also called the candle posture – bring your legs together as if they were one up to the feet. To move towards the posture, flex your legs until they are above your face, take your hips above the sides of the pubis and with an impulse, raise and stretch your legs as completely as possible until your body is vertical, contracting the buttocks . There you breathe long and deep.
It is important to remember the name of the pose, ‘shoulder stand’. This is because the weight must be directed in this exercise to the shoulders, without tension in the neck. If you feel tension in this area, it is necessary to correct your posture or go to the easy variant, as you can injure yourself.
This exercise and its variants, which we will explain below, are contraindicated in:
- Pregnant women
- With menstruation
- People with hyperthyroidism
- People with glaucoma
Exercises to slim the legs: shoulder stand with advanced variant
This exercise is similar to the previous one, but with a more advanced variant. Therefore, we recommend that you start with the other one first, and when you master it, do this:
- If you master the previous position, without lowering yourself, open both legs stretched out to your maximum capacity inhaling, and exhale when bringing them back to the center.
- You can also ” walk in the air “, that is to say, in this position move one leg forward and one back alternately.
In both variants, the feet are kept straight for greater control of the movement. This will further tone the buttocks, legs and exert an even greater effect of blood supply back to the heart.
Exercises to slim legs and thighs: hip lift
Already here we enter the exercises where you tone the muscles to also burn fat in the legs.
- Start in a lying position on your back, with your legs bent, feet resting on the floor close to your buttocks;
- Rest your palms firmly on the floor;
- As you inhale, lift your hips into an aligned posture from neck to knees;
- Hold the pose up there for a second, contracting your glutes and abdomen and;
- Lower yourself in a controlled way, exhaling to the floor.
Exercises to burn fat in the legs: lateral leg raises
- Lie on your side (we will start with the right side to illustrate), supporting the weight of the body from the outer face of the stretched leg to the hip, and the upper part is supported by the right hand and forearm up to the elbow. The left hand also serves as floor support and balance.
- On the inhale, raise your left leg as straight as possible, in a completely vertical line , without bending it forward or backward.
- Lower yourself back to the starting position, exhaling. Repeat several sequences, then switch sides.
How to slim fat legs: leg lift in four braces
For this position, it is necessary that you support your body on both hands and knees , all placed just below the shoulders and hips (both in width and in distance), forming a square with your body. The spine is relaxed. The head looks to the ground. From this position, proceed with the following indications:
- Inhale and stretch one leg (let’s start with the right) fully back and stretching your foot as far as possible.
- Raise your leg as high as possible, contracting your glute. The leg should be able to rise a little higher than the height of the back.
- In parallel, move your head, looking straight ahead or slightly upward.
- Lower and return to the initial position or -for a better effect- do not rest it on the floor, but bring your knee up to your belly, and at the same time curl your head looking inwards, towards your navel.
- Do several reps on each side and then switch legs.
This simple exercise has the added benefit of tightening your hips. When these are misaligned or contracted, circulation to and from the legs is blocked, which further promotes fatness in the legs.
Exercises to burn legs and cartridge belts
For squats, spread your legs slightly wider than your hips, with your feet turned 45º (diagonal). You can bring your hands parallel to the floor looking down and your arms stretched out in front, or place them behind your neck (without pushing your neck forward, the idea is to help you keep your chest open).
From this position, lower yourself as much as you can by exhaling . The knees should not go past the heels. Then inhale upward and continue the cycle.
It is important that the spine remains upright during the exercise and you are not slouching, as you will be making an incorrect effort. Both squats and any ‘cardio’ exercise are positive for burning fat in the legs and even for losing weight if there is fluid retention, as it improves cardiovascular strength to return blood to the heart.
Take care of the angle of the legs and feet to avoid injuries to the ligaments. Some people may get dizzy with this kind of exercise. If this is your case, don’t give up. Do them slowly, little by little you will improve and slim your legs, feeling more energetic and motivated.
Squats are one of the best exercises to slim the legs along with those that we explain in this article about the tricks to strengthen the legs .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Exercises to lose weight at home fast , we recommend that you enter our category of Physical Activity .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.