Although it is much more common to hear about fungi in women, it is a reality that exists and that also affects men, especially those with a weak immune system. The presence of fungi on the glans penis is related to candida albicans, which, despite being frequent in women, also affects males. That is why it is common to get it through unprotected sex.
In men there is pain, itching and redness of the glans, this discomfort is easily treated with the indicated medications, what many will wonder is whether it is possible to have an active sexual life with this condition. That is why in this FastlyHealarticle we want to explain to you if you can have sex with fungus on the glans . Do you want to know? Keep reading this article!
Fungi on the glans: causes
The common causes of fungus on the glans (candida albicans) are related to sexual life. That is why an active sex life makes a man more prone to fungus, especially if the partner is infected with fungus. In addition, the presence of candida albicans in the penis may be associated with other factors such as:
- Weakened immune system
- Use of antibiotics, and other drugs such as corticosteroids.
- Poor hygiene in the genital area.
- Type 2 diabetes .
- Diseases that affect the immune system such as lupus and AIDS.
- High consumption of foods rich in sugars.
The Revista Mexicana de Dermatología 1 conducted a study of 20 patients with balanitis and candidal balanoposthitis to find out the main predisposing factors . The result was:
- The main predisposing factor is sexual activity with 60%.
- The second was type 2 diabetes with 15%.
On the other hand, the most common symptom in all patients was pruritus, and the main causative agent was candida albicans in 19 cases (95%). In the following FastlyHealarticle we explain whether yeast infection spreads to men .
Can you have sex with fungus on the glans?
The issue of having sex with fungus on the glans is clear to resolve, certainly having this condition is not a prohibition, but it is advisable to avoid having sex , friction and humidity will make the symptoms intensify even more and it may be likely to spread, and it will also make the couple much more susceptible to fungal infections in the intimate area.
The proper justification in relation to the issue of sex with fungus on the glans is that the friction when having sex causes much more pain and irritation in the penis, therefore the healing time will be much longer.
Symptoms of fungus on the glans
Once the man realizes that he suffers from fungus the glans, it is very likely that the symptoms that appear are:
- Painful intercourse
- Intense itching in the glans and the rest of the penis.
- Redness and / or whitish patches on the glans.
- Flow through the orifice of the glans similar to whitish semen and of an unpleasant consistency.
- Bleeding can manifest itself in the face of constant rubbing.
- Dry Skin.
- Bad smell.
How to prevent fungus on the penis
The ideal would be to follow a series of recommendations to avoid contracting fungus on the penis .
- The main thing is proper hygiene , in fact, it is the most important aspect when treating everything related to the male intimate area, it is recommended to retract the foreskin to properly wash the glans and dry it properly, the humidity creates an optimal environment for the fungal growth.
- Use neutral soap without any fragrance so that the pH does not change.
- Do not have unprotected sex with a partner who has this condition and is not under treatment.
- Wearing cotton underwear is important.
- Stimulates the immune system by modifying the daily diet , reducing the amount of sugars you consume per day.
- Wear loose clothing where the genitals can air out.
- Change your sweaty underwear frequently .
Remedies to eliminate fungus on the glans
It is essential to visit the doctor to indicate what type of treatment is appropriate to treat your glans fungus. Although certain home remedies can improve your condition, it is essential to have the approval of the doctor. Here we explain the best remedies to eliminate fungus in the glans :
- Garlic : the natural antifungal par excellence is garlic, it also allows to detoxify the blood if it is consumed, or applied crushed, directly on the penis to improve the fungus in the glans.
- Ginger juice : applied directly to the glans, preferably at night, left on for at least 20 minutes and removed by rinsing well with water.
- Yogurt : the ideal is to use natural yogurt, without any additives or flavorings or colorants, it should be applied directly to the glans for 10 minutes and removed with water.
- Apple cider vinegar : another effective treatment for fungus on the glans, it is effective against candida albicans quickly and effectively, ideally apply apple cider vinegar on the glans and leave it on for 30 minutes, that should be done every 12 hours .
- Tea tree oil : effective against the symptoms of candida albicans on the glans, the changes will be visible in a few days using this treatment.
The issue of fungus in the glans is more frequent than we imagine, so it is worthwhile to take certain precautions to avoid its presence in our body, refraining from having sex during the treatment for candida albicans in the glans will be point key in the effectiveness of the treatment.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Can you have sex with fungus on the glans? , we recommend that you enter our category of Male reproductive system .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.