The skin is the largest organ in the human body and can reflect countless conditions or diseases that are important to detect at the right time to treat appropriately. The appearance of pimples on the arms can affect anyone, and its cause has always been a mystery.
This cutaneous discomfort mainly affects the aesthetic part, which is why most people seek to eliminate them in different ways to improve the appearance of the skin. Although it does not discriminate between the sexes, pimples on the skin are more frequent in women. The most common reasons for them to appear are gluten intolerance and keratosis. However, depending on the cause of their appearance, different symptoms are manifested, ranging from stomach pain, dizziness, mood swings, and migraine. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will talk about everything related to pimples on the arms, the causes, and how to eliminate them.
Pimples on the arms: causes
It is not abnormal or uncommon to see people with this skin discomfort; these pimples can appear on both the arms and legs. Although it can occur in people of either sex, the reality is that it is much more common among women. Some of the leading causes of pimples on the arms are as follows:
- Gluten intolerance: specialists indicate that people who suffer from gluten intolerance or celiac disease can reflect pimples on their arms. This is a type of allergy to specific foods that contain proteins (glutenin and gliadin). These are barley, rye, wheat, and oats; suffering from celiac disease is related to the ability to absorb nutrients. A review carried out by the Central University Hospital of Asturias , Spain, affirms that the prevalence of celiac disease reaches 1% of the population, something that has been increasing in recent years, with the adult form now being much more frequent than pediatric.
- Keratosis Pilaris: When there is excess keratin in the skin, people can develop pimples on the arms. This is due to the accumulation of a protein called keratin, forming a kind of plugs in the hair follicles and generating an inflammation similar to that which occurs with pimples.
- Suffering from atopic dermatitis or dry skin can also reflect a kind of pimples both on the arms and on any part of the skin.
Symptoms associated with pimples on the arms
In addition to showing the pimples on the arms, you can see other related symptoms such as:
- Skin irritation: where there is inflammation, itching, and dryness in conjunction with the presence of pimples on the arms.
- Stomach pain: when suffering from celiac disease, the most apparent symptom apart from grains on the skin is stomach pain after eating some food with gluten.
- Dizziness: something familiar in people intolerant to gluten is that after eating some food with gluten, it is to present imbalance, instability, and dizziness.
- Migraine: likewise, gluten intolerants may experience an intense and throbbing headache.
It can also be associated with other symptoms such as:
- Humor changes.
- Pain in tendons and muscles.
How to remove pimples on the arms
Once it is determined that the reason for the presence of grains in the arms is due to gluten intolerance, it is essential that to disappear, the foods with gluten that you are consuming are eliminated:
- Dairy products.
- Soup cubes.
On the other hand, there is no remedy in the presence of keratosis pilaris since this condition has no cure. However, its symptoms can be minimized by using different skincare treatments focused on hydration and exfoliation of the affected skin.
Other tips to eliminate pimples on the arms
A good way to treat pimples on the arms is to exfoliate the skin; this allows to eliminate accumulated dead cells and excess sebum. A natural scrub can be prepared with:
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Honey: 25 grams
- Cornstarch: 15 grams
- Natural yogurt: 2 tablespoons
All the ingredients must be mixed to form a paste to get this natural scrub. This should be applied with gentle massages on the affected area and let it act for 10 minutes, and then removed with cold water. After this, it is essential to use a moisturizing cream without oils.
Another beneficial way to exfoliate and hydrate the skin is by using 50 grams of ground oats with 50 grams of honey and 30 grams of salt; all the ingredients are mixed and applied where the pimples are evident on the arms. It is left to act for 15 minutes at least three days a week.
As we have already explained, one of the most frequent causes of pimples on the skin is celiac disease. If this is your case, you should eliminate all those foods that contain gluten from the diet. The spots on the arms affect people’s aesthetics; this condition can be improved by applying exfoliation and moisturizing the skin. If it does not remit in a while, it is essential to go to the specialist.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples on the arms: causes and how to eliminate them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.