In recent years, brewer’s yeast has become a highly recommended dietary supplement because it provides many vitamins, mainly group B. Likewise, brewer’s yeast has a high protein value. However, many people feel confused with this supplement since they can see them included in diets to lose weight and gain weight. Hence, it is essential to consult with a professional to indicate the correct way to ingest it depending on each case.
Although the most common thing is to want to lose weight, there are certain people who not only want to gain a few kilos but also need it to stay healthy. In the following FastlyHealarticle, we explain how to take beer yeast to gain weight.
Why is brewer’s yeast fattening?
Brewer’s yeast can be a supplement widely used by athletes due to the high protein values it offers, so this element helps to work on increasing muscle mass. Despite the great benefits, many people who do not want to gain weight do not consume it for fear of gaining weight and because many people do not know its properties exactly.
As explained above, brewer’s yeast can be used both to lose weight and gain weight, the difference is in the way it should be ingested for each case, so it is necessary to consult a professional. Despite this, it is essential to know that brewer’s yeast is not composed of a high-calorie value, nor does it have large amounts of carbohydrate or fat, but then why does brewer’s yeast make you fat?
This dietary supplement is not effective in gaining weight by itself when consumed, but rather this effect is due to its action in improving and regulating the body’s functioning and gaining muscle mass, so a balanced diet and regular exercise must accompany its consumption. This is ideal for those who need to gain weight since being too thin and not being able to gain weight may be due to incorrect body functioning. The following article will talk about foods to increase muscle mass.
Other benefits of brewer’s yeast
Brewer’s yeast is highly recommended for all people because incorporating a nutrient in the usual diet is frequent, so that this supplement can help considerably. Although brewer’s yeast is highly known to lose weight or gain weight, it also has other benefits such as :
- Fight hair loss, thanks to the nutrients it provides to strengthen the hair follicle.
- Significantly improve the skin and nails due to the vitamins and nutrients in this supplement.
- Strengthen the immune system due to its contribution of water-soluble vitamins, the most recommended for the immune system.
- Improve intestinal function thanks to the fact that it has good bacteria.
- Lower the amount of sugar in the blood, making it ideal for diabetes patients.
Ways to take brewer’s yeast to gain weight
How brewer’s yeast is consumed may be more related to the preferences of the person who wants to gain weight since the effect of this supplement is similar in its different presentations. Still, the dose and duration of this treatment should be consulted with the specialist to better control and obtain the expected results in an ideal way. Some ways in which you can consume brewer’s yeast to gain weight are:
- Flaked: it is recommended to incorporate flaked brewer’s yeast in meals if you want to gain weight. It can be combined with grated cheese in different kinds of pasta or substituted in soups and purees. There are some flavored brewer’s yeast flake options, making it easier to incorporate into any meal.
- Powdered: it is an option very similar to the previous one since it can be included in different dishes. Although they have the same effects and are used similarly, the flakes are designed to be eaten more quickly, so it could be annoying for many people to add powdered supplements to food. Despite this, you can also choose to eat a tablespoon of brewer’s yeast, although it is recommended to consume it after each meal if you want to gain weight.
- In capsules: this option is more recommended for those people who are lacking in some nutrient or vitamin. It is often advisable to eat 8 grams daily, although it is essential to consult a specialist. If you are looking to gain weight, your doctor may recommend taking two capsules of 1000 mg half an hour before each meal and two hours before sleeping at night.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to take beer yeast to gain weight, we recommend that you enter our Food category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.