Vitiligo is a skin variation characterized by the appearance of white spots on the skin caused by the depigmentation of cells in those specific issues. These spots can appear on the hands, face, neck, and abdomen, among other body parts. In addition, skin that loses pigmentation becomes more sensitive to the sun so that it can burn more easily.
1% of the population suffers from this problem, caused mainly by an unhealthy lifestyle and by exposing the skin to the sun excessively. In this FastlyHealarticle, we bring you some tips and home remedies for vitiligo.
Causes of vitiligo
Specialists have not been able to determine what the specific cause of the appearance of vitiligo is. In general, it is agreed that the spots are caused by the loss of melanocytes, the cells that make melanin and give color to hair and skin, but this cell disappearance is not known.
Some theories claim that it can be caused by an immune disorder in which the immune system recognizes these cells as a threat and eliminates them. In contrast, others believe that it can be caused by a neurological problem or the self-destruction of the melanocytes themselves. What is clear is that an improvement in lifestyle contributes to solving this alteration.
Home remedies for vitiligo
Some foods have very positive nutrients to stop this skin problem. However, keep in mind that the results may be different for each person, and perseverance is essential:
- Turmeric and mustard oil: Turmeric is a spice with many benefits for the skin, capable of even pigmenting it naturally. Mix this ingredient with water and mustard oil, and boil it until the water evaporates and only the oil remains. After filtering and letting it sit, you should apply it to the stains a couple of times a day for about three months.
- Ginger and red clay: this root has multiple medicinal properties; in this case, it helps improve blood flow, which can be very useful for vitiligo. Red clay, for its part, contains copper, which helps restore skin pigmentation. Mix the red clay with ginger juice, apply directly to the affected skin and leave for 15 minutes.
- Papaya: This exotic fruit is rich in nutrients that help the skin produce melanin. In addition, it is the most straightforward remedy: crush a piece of papaya pulp and apply the paste on the skin, leaving it to act until it dries. Enhance the effect by also taking papaya juice.
Above all, we recommend that you be patient and be constant with the application of home remedies; we are sure that the problem will improve over time. However, it is best to visit a dermatologist.
We recommend that you go to a dermatologist to analyze the problem and help you fight it. Treating it naturally requires patience, but medical treatments can also be used if preferred. Here are some recommendations:
- Healthy Living: The best way to start is to live a healthy life. A balanced, varied, and as natural diet as possible, regular moderate physical exercise, and a positive attitude will help you to improve your vitiligo.
- Protect yourself from the sun: it is essential to avoid going out in the sun without protection since the problem could get worse. Apply sunscreen generously all over your skin, especially blemishes, before going out in the sun, and wear glasses and hats.
If you want more information about vitiligo, we recommend the article vitiligo: causes, symptoms, and treatment.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for vitiligo , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.