The colon, also known as the large intestine, is responsible for extracting water and salt from solid waste before being expelled from our body; it also maintains the balance in hydration and absorbs vitamin K from the food we eat. It is part of the digestive system. Sometimes its function is impaired, so it will be necessary to help you eliminate the accumulation of toxins since they can bring complications such as liver and heart problems, asthma, and gallstones. It is essential to emphasize that this cleaning should only be done for one week, and after this, it is vital that you maintain healthy habits when eating. At FastlyHealwe, explain how to do a colon cleanse at home.
Water to cleanse the colon.
Water is a vital element for our body, not only because it allows us to stay hydrated, but it also helps to eliminate toxins from our body. Daily we should drink between six and ten glasses of water to help clean our colon; the water softens the stool and prevents constipation. When you do diets very high in fiber, it is necessary to consume plenty of water so that your stomach can digest it and help improve intestinal transit. Otherwise, it will cause the opposite effect.
Fiber to clean the colon at home
The high fiber foods help cleanse the colon by accelerating the elimination of feces and toxins, further increasing the “good” intestinal bacteria. Fiber also plays a vital role in cholesterol and triglyceride levels, preventing cardiovascular disease. Remember that fiber can also be found in vegetables such as artichokes, broccoli, and carrots, in legumes, and fruits such as apples, bananas, and plums.
On the other hand, flaxseed has a high content of natural fiber that helps release toxins and eliminate waste found in our intestines; it is also a source of omega three and antioxidants. Grind up some seeds and add them to yogurt, cereals, and fruit.
Adequate nutrition to cleanse the colon
Food is an essential point since most toxins that our body must get rid of later enter through it. To properly cleanse the colon at home, you should include the following foods in your diet:
- Natural juices without sugar.
- Good fats and unrefined oils like olive or coconut.
- Legumes, lean meat, and eggs.
- Fruits like prunes and vegetables like artichokes.
- Whole foods such as bread, rice, and pasta.
Enemas to cleanse the colon
Enemas are an ancient procedure that introduces liquid into the rectum through the anus to deep clean it. Enemas can be made with different ingredients; at FastlyHealwe will give you two options:
In a bowl, mix 1 liter of chamomile infusion, the juice of a lemon, one teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 liter of boiled water. Introduce this mixture, helping you with an irrigator or rubber bulb. Go through this procedure slowly and stop when necessary. If the sensation is very uncomfortable and you need to evacuate, you can do it. Do this on an empty stomach or at least two hours after eating.
Make a pretty strong cup of coffee, and let it cool. Place it on the rubber ball, leave the mixture inside for about 2 minutes, then extract the liquid again. The coffee will affect the muscles of the colon and will help to expel all the waste.
Other remedies to cleanse the colon at home
- Lemon juice: Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps prevent infection. Squeeze a lemon and add a pinch of sea salt, a glass of warm water, and a teaspoon of honey, mix well, and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Kuzu: it is a flowering plant that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine; in addition to being gluten-free, it is straightforward to digest. To clean your colon at home, you can dilute a tablespoon of ground kuzu in a glass of cold water; avoid using metal spoons. Bring this mixture to a boil without stopping stirring for two minutes; you will see that the texture and color will change, becoming thick and transparent. Let it cool and drink it twice a day.
Forbidden foods for colon cleansing
It is necessary to remember that our diet is essential when cleaning the colon at home, so you should eliminate these foods from your list at least for one week:
- Any processed meat is counterproductive since it takes longer to digest, causing it to rot inside our intestines. It is preferable to consume poultry, fish, and legumes.
- Industrial pastries and processed sugars.
- Milk and its derivatives: except fresh cheese from sheep or goats and consume oat or rice-based drinks.
- It is necessary to do without tobacco and coffee while cleaning lasts.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Colon cleansing at home , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.