Did you know that depending on the way almonds are eaten, they can be more or less beneficial for health? Yes, this dried fruit is healthy for the body due to a large amount of vitamin E it provides, proteins, fiber, and essential amino acids. Still, the truth is that if it is soaked in water before eating it, these benefits are multiplied considerably. They improve digestion, promote weight loss, protect the heart, reduce cholesterol, improve cognitive function, and prevent cell damage … these are just some of the benefits you can get if you start eating soaked almonds daily. Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle to find out how almonds should be eaten and what all their benefits are.
Benefits of eating soaked almonds
The best way to eat almonds to make the most of all its nutrients and benefit the health of the body is soaked in water. In addition, with this, it is also possible to promote weight loss.
The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that soaking almonds overnight before eating removes their brown skin, which works by inhibiting the natural enzymes in this nut. In this way, it is possible to take better advantage of its nutrients. On the other hand, they are softened and, therefore, they are much easier to chew and digest.
Eating soaked almonds provides the body with a more significant amount of omega-3, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin E. In addition to this, many more benefits are achieved, such as those detailed below:
- They help release digestive enzymes, which improve the absorption of nutrients and, therefore, digestion. Soaking the almonds for about 8 hours allows lipase to be removed, an enzyme that enhances fat absorption and digestion.
- They protect heart health: they reduce high levels of bad cholesterol, improve blood circulation and protect arteries.
- They are suitable for low-calorie diets and weight loss, as they help digest fat, reduce appetite and prevent sagging skin by strengthening muscle mass.
- Its high vitamin E content is excellent for preventing cell aging and keeping the body healthy.
- Another benefit of eating soaked almonds is that they improve the health and beauty of the skin. They regenerate tissues, hydrate, and provide luminosity. In this case, it is recommended to prepare an almond cream by chopping them after being in water overnight and mixing them with a bit of honey or beeswax. Afterward, the cream should be applied to the skin, allowing it to act for about 20 minutes.
Raw or roasted almonds?
Now that we know how almonds should be eaten to obtain all their benefits, we will answer another of the most frequently asked questions about the consumption of this dried fruit: what is better to eat, raw or toasted almonds?
Although both are very rich in protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins, some differences ultimately make one option healthier and healthier than the other. On the one hand, raw almonds have a lower content of unsaturated fats and keep their essential amino acids intact. On the contrary, roasted almonds, when previously treated, have more unsaturated fats because they are cooked with oil and, in addition, they do not retain any essential amino acids.
Therefore, we can say that it is much healthier to eat raw than roasted almonds. It should also be taken into account that the toasts become more caloric products when cooked and seasoned.
Other benefits of eating raw almonds every day
Most nutritionists advise eating raw almonds every day. With about 10 or 12 would be more than enough. Other health benefits of raw almonds are:
- They reduce the risk of suffering from heart and degenerative diseases.
- Blood glucose levels decrease.
- They lower blood pressure.
- They improve memory and concentration.
- They strengthen the bone structure.
- They prevent constipation.
- They promote well-being and motivation because they are rich in tyrosine, an essential amino acid in the production of dopamine, known as the hormone of happiness.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How almonds should be eaten, we recommend that you enter our Food category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.